Full Stack Web Developer
Full Stack Web Developer
- Remote job
Serial Box is seeking a full stack software developer to work with our server team on SEO, data pipelines, and our web frontend.
This is an hourly contractor position, ideally between 25-40 hours a week. The position is focused on a single large project expected to last 8-12 weeks, with the possibility of more projects upon completion. Serial Box is located in New York, and is remote-work friendly.
- Integrate with 3rd party data sources and implement data pipelines in Rails to keep our database in sync with the various sources
- Work with Product, UX, and Design teams to creatively solve complex problems
- Ensure implementations follow web standards, accessibility, and usability best practices
- Contribute to our code base and help ensure that our coding standards and patterns are observed through code reviews and pair programming
- You have three or more years experience in web development
- You feel comfortable working on server-side data pipelines, and API integrations, and SQL data modeling
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails, or similar web frameworks and programming languages
- You know when and how to write unit tests to cover the critical functionality of your code
- You enjoy full stack development and getting your hands dirty with both frontend and backend code
About the process:
- As a small team, we will do our best to respond to as many applicants as we can, but we will not be able to respond to every candidate who applies
- We work during Eastern Time office hours, so first rounds interviews will be phone or video calls during those hours
About the Company:
Serial Box is building the future of listening and reading. We deliver audiobooks in snackable bites with a reading option. Our mission is to bring listeners 20+ minutes of entertaining audio story every day — daily immersion in story goes a long way to sparking creativity, building empathy, and reducing stress. Our curated platform includes third-party content we curate, Serial Box Exclusives we’ve developed with Marvel, Warner Brothers, BBC, and other partners, as well as Serial Box Originals created by teams of bestselling authors. We’ve been featured in The New York Times, Wired, NPR, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Variety, and Forbes.
“Like Game of Thrones but for your ears”—i09
“The HBO of reading”—NPR
“Best of the year”—Apple
We’re a venture-backed startup and our investors have helped grow some of the best brands in media and consumer categories such as Gimlet, Glossier, Slate, Warby Parker, Hotel Tonight, and Outdoor Voices.
Serial Box is a digital entertainment platform (audio and publishing) based in NYC. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Serial Box not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!