Title: Fullstack Engineer
(React, Ember.js, Rails)
About the Team
The engineering team at Smile.io believes in being proud of your code, owning what you ship, and embracing new tools to increase developer happiness. We believe small, empowered teams can ship products with the highest impact.
We are remote-friendly, with engineers on our team working from home offices in Romania, Cyprus, New Orleans and more! Tell us where you’d like to work when you apply!
About the Job
- You’ll be helping us build new ways to help online businesses excite their customers.
- We currently power over 20,000 rewards programs, reaching more than 50 million customers, and serving 100k API requests / hour.
- We’re looking for React & Ember.js engineers who don’t mind a bit of back-end coding.
- You’ll be working with the saviour that is Ember.js on the front-end, and Rails, Postgresql and Redis on the backend – all hosted on Heroku to so we can focus on shipping a great product.
- We use Github, Slack, and HerokuCI to communicate efficiently and ship code every day.
- You’re an engineer who gets excited about turning ideas into reliable production code.
- You appreciate clear code that can be read by others and yourself 6 months down the line.
- You enjoy collaborating with other developers, and get excited about thousands of people experiencing a feature you shipped just minutes ago.
- You thrive on fast feedback loops & iterative development cycles.
You will be successful in this role if you
- Enjoy helping others around you grow as developers and be successful
- Can be autonomous and self-driven
- Web APIs are your friends
- Challenge the norm and arent afraid to voice your opinion
- Ship code on the daily
- Own features from idea to deployment
- Work from anywhere (though, our office in Kitchener is pretty fun)
- Stock options at a young and fast growing company (that’s us)
- Health benefits
Whats it like to work at Smile.io?
We are a team of smart self-starters who build efficient and unique solutions to problems. Youll be working with some amazing talent and you’ll constantly be pushed to challenge yourself and improve your skills. This starts in the interview process, where youll be asked to show us your skills in real-time. Its not an easy process, but we think youll find it rewarding and a great preview to what working here is really like.
As a team, were driven by these core values:
- Be Humble – think of the team before thinking of yourself. We have no room for massive egos.
- Be Hungry – set hard goals, ask lots of questions and learn every day.
- Be Human – show empathy towards others, consider the impact of your decisions on other teams.
We collaborate on everything. Our communication tools and our space are designed with this in mind – from physical areas to connect in comfort to Slack channels of all sorts, we enable you to reach out to those around you to make sure you have the information you need to make great decisions.
We know that Smile.io as a business is in constant evolution – the same is true of our people. Were here to support each other in our growth, so we talk openly about our career goals, hopes & dreams. With such a diverse team of people, we know we can offer you the mentorship, tools and encouragement you need to grow.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful business. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!