Funder (WORK FROM HOME CAPABILITY)
- Not Specified
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the homeowner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
Responsible for preparing and submitting wire request and monitor loan through disbursement. Also responsible for ensuring required documentation is received prior to disbursing the loan to the settlement agent for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond and Jumbo loans.
- Verify and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal, state laws, regulatory and government standards, guidelines, rules, and/or local ordinances.
- Review Processor closer input.
- Make appropriate adjustments and approve in system; notify Processor.
- Communicate with Processors and/or Loan Officers necessary at closing, and provide status updates.
- All outstanding conditions are cleared to ensure timely funding and closing of the loan.
- Issue closing funds and review closed loan packages to ensure completeness of loan documentation.
- Verify loan closing package complies with insurer and/or guarantor requirements and documentation.
- Prepare, send collateral package within Company timeframes to warehouse bank and submit banking package to Finance in accordance with required timelines.
- Complete comparison check of Final SASS against Final Closing Disclosure; notate any discrepancies in system comments.
- Scan and archive file within Company timeframes, to ensure timely delivery of loan files to investors.
- Obtain recording information and ensure the information is entered into the system. A
- Additional responsibilities as needed such as drawing docs, clearing funder to follow conditions, and post close functions.
- Promptly obtain documentation requested by investors or insuring/guaranty post-closing.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred.
- Total recent work experience includes two or more years experience as a Funder for Conventional, FHA and VA loans, with at least one year’ experience funding FHA loans. Prior work experience may also include positions closing loans for an Escrow Company.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Loan Officers, production, processing, underwriting, and other internal and external partners.
- General knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal processes and controls, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for Conventional loans.
- Thorough knowledge of Conventional loans, including various product/program guidelines, valid documentation requirements, necessary conditions and investor specific guidelines for closing.
- Thorough knowledge of valid documentation and processes required to fund and close consumer mortgages (e.g., verification of employment, CD, settlement statement etc.).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Solve problems promptly, communicate effectively with internal and external customers and work well under pressure.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF/Document Retention programs.
- Depending on experience, supervision is intermittent to infrequent
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to less experienced Funders; able to resolve/escalated issues of higher complexity
- Exercise sound judgment in executing core job responsibilities
- Average monthly pipeline ranges from 40 – 50 loans.
- Travel: 0%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Required: High School or better.
- Required: 2 years: Experience as a Funder for Conventional, FHA and VA loans, with at least one year experience funding FHA loans. Prior work experience may also include positions closing loans for an Escrow Company.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!