- Genetic Counselor- Contract or Temp to Perm
- Fully Remote • Clinical Services- Genetic Counseling
- InformedDNA is the largest and most experienced independent genetics services company in the United States.
- We offer a broad range of leading edge genetics advisory services to hospitals and health systems, health plans and life sciences companies.
- We are committed to delivering excellent service as evidenced by a Net Promoter Score over 70 and an overall Customer Satisfaction Score of 98.5%.
- We also employ the largest full-time staff of independent objective genetics specialists in the nation. But that does not tell the whole story. Check us out at informeddna.com. We call our amazing team “Chromies.” What does it take to be a Chromie?
- Respect for All, Being Wicked Smart, Accountability, Exceeding Expectations, Getting it Done Through Teamwork, Live Life in Balance, Know Your Truth North, and Giving Back.
About the Role
- The Clinical Genetic Counselor employs professional application of the principles, theories, and techniques of Genetic Counseling to educate and inform individuals and families with or at risk for birth defects or genetic conditions.
- They provide information and support to individuals and families concerned with the risk of inherited conditions as well as to other healthcare providers.
- The Clinical Genetic Counselor position delivers telephone- and web-based genetic counseling at a time and place that is convenient to patients and their family members.
- Collect/review personal and family health history
- Perform expert genetic risk assessment
- Provide patient education/counseling/support
- Document patient encounters
- Generate correspondence to patients, providers, labs, insurers and others as needed
- Guide genetic test facilitation in accordance with patient’s health plan benefits
- Act as a resource for referring physicians
- Attend Team Meetings
- Attend/complete ongoing genetic counselor training
- Respond to patient care issues in a timely fashion
- Project meetings as applicable, and work within project-specific client timeline
This position reports to Specialty Team Lead.
Clinical Services; Contract or Temp to Perm; Hourly; Available Days, Nights, and Weekends
- Remote (Company headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL)
Your Education & Experience:
- Masters degree in Genetic Counseling or Human Genetics
- Board certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling or American Board of Medical Genetics.
- Maintain professional licensure as required per applicable jurisdiction
- A minimum of 3 years experience a Clinical Genetic Counselor
- Self-directed; able to work independently
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Technically proficient
- Works well in a lightly structured environment
- Experience complying with state and federal regulations
- Quickly adaptive to change
- Knowledge of quality standards and how to apply, implement, or interpret for the clinical setting
- Compassionate and empathetic
- Effective tele-communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple, unrelated tasks in a high pressure environment
- Ability to maintain work/life balance
InformedDNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. InformedDNA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. InformedDNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!