Head of Cloud Security
Head of Cloud Security – Remote
This position is remote and is open to applicants virtually anywhere in the U.S.A.
Fauna is the data API for client-serverless applications. A web-native GraphQL interface with support for custom business logic and integration with the serverless ecosystem enables developers to simplify code and ship faster. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute fabric is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets you experience freedom from database operations at any scale. At Fauna, we’re disrupting a $40B industry, and we’re just getting started.
You are a security engineering practitioner able to speak code and human while having a demonstrated ability to drive compliance capabilities forward in concert with the product roadmap. You will set cloud security standards for engineering, coordinate security testing with external 3rd parties, and drive the organization towards achievement of certifications such as SOC2, CSTAR, ISO27001, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI. You will also thrive engaging with enterprise security leaders to articulate the depth of Fauna’s cloud security. Architectural security, operational controls and certification are all critical to our success and you will play a central role across our engineering team, customers, partners, and our community.
What you will do:
- Establish and implement cloud security standards for Engineering
- Oversee, Implement and manage all information security practices and compliance across the organization
- Act as an information security SME to advise Fauna’s product and architectural design teams
- Establish and drive the framework for operational controls and certifications
- Improve the security, audit-ability and compliance of our production and software development environments
- Interact with customers directly to ensure their compliance requirements are well understood and appropriately addressed
- Drive the responses to customer security questionnaires
- Define, implement, and manage the Fauna bug bounty, pen testing and responsible disclosure programs
What you will bring:
- Experience in Cloud Security and setting up controls in a SaaS development environment
- Expertise in AWS, GCP or Azure; preferably exposure to all 3.
- Minimum 5-7 years of substantial experience in the areas of legal compliance and data privacy in the US, UK, and EU
- Deep technical understanding of security vulnerabilities, risks, as well as countermeasures and compensation controls
- Experience managing compliance audits (from GDPR-General data protection regulation- EU only- to HIPAA and all things in-between) and coordinating compliance programs in direct relationships with appropriate assessors
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical issues.
- Experience working with global teams preferred.
Backed by premier venture investors Madrona Venture Group, ADDITION, GV, and CRV, Fauna is a well-funded startup, with a 100% remote organization. We’re led by an experienced leadership team hailing from Microsoft, Okta, Twitter, Elastic, Juniper and Oracle. Every day we are relentless in our mission to innovate, exceed customer expectations and continually disrupt our market. To build a great company requires exceptionally talented, passionate, and committed team members. If you are the type of person who commits to a mission, we want to hear from you! In exchange for your hard work and great contributions, Fauna provides all of its Fauns with an exceptional compensation, equity, and benefits package along with the opportunity to work remotely.
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!