Head of Data Engineering and Analytics
Title: Head of Data Engineering and Analytics
Location: United States – Remote
TeamSnap is committed to helping take the work out of play for over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries. We seek to delight our customers each and every day with our award-winning communication and management services for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. Our remote first team operates on our core values of trust, ownership, passion, fun, commitment, and respect. We work hard so our customers can play.
TeamSnap is seeking a seasoned data executive with strong technical and team management experience to build out a world-class data function. With more than 11 years of legacy infrastructure, millions of daily users, and the complexity of running consumer, SAS, payment, and advertising businesses, this role is perfect for a data leader who’s ready to roll up their sleeves and solve challenging problems. This role will span the entire lifecycle of analytics, from data engineering to business insightsIn addition to solving complex data problems, this leader will inherit two strong analysts and have the opportunity to build a high-performing data team. At TeamSnap, we pride ourselves on our amazing culture. If you’re passionate about building great teams, too, we want to hear from you.This role will report to the President and will support all lines of business at the company.
What you’ll be doing
We may be an 11 year old company, but you’ll be helping us rebuild out data capability end-to-end. That includes overhauling our data infrastructure (in partnership with data engineers), defining best practices for data management, building a presentation layer (e.g., Tableau, Looker), creating a strong analytical framework for managing the business, and building a kick-butt analytics team to support you in all this.
Almost anywhere! We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
Some things that are important
- Deep understanding of the modern ELT pipeline using the following (or equivalent) tools. This includes Fivetran, dbt, BigQuery.
- We are primarily a Google Cloud shop, but we are open to the right tools for the job.
- Expert Level SQL Knowledge
- Experience working with Looker and/or Tableau
- Strong opinions on how, what, and where data should be collected.
- Thought leadership around user privacy for internal and external uses
- Great cross-functional leadership; experienced partnering with other leaders to understand and address their needs
- Strong communication skills; you can articulate a vision and rally others behind it
- A deep understanding of data analysis, statistics, financial reporting, forecasting, and test design
- Experience building and managing project plans
- Track record of building and leading high-performing data teams
Other things that would be nice to have
- Experience in B2B SAS, direct-to-consumer, and advertising businesses (yes, TeamSnap has them all!)
- Payments experience
- A strong network of data professionals who you could draw from to build your team
- Be a parent, coach, or participant in a recreational sport.
- That’s who we serve and we want you to love it, too!
- Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about)
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
If you’re excited to work on a product that people use and love this is your place (seriously, our customers stop us on the streets, planes and trains to tell us how much they love our product!). While we’re relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup. If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!