Head of Design
Head of Design
Hello internet friend, we are Imgur’s find wonderful people team (or talent acquisition if you wanna get technical), and we’re on the lookout for an incredible Head of Design. Sound good? Good.
Let us introduce ourselves we are Imgur. The place where memes are born and selfies get downvoted into oblivion. We have a community of bajillions (this is a somewhat official estimate), who visit every day and leave with smiles on their faces. A community where anyone can post a picture of their dog’s butt and be internet-famous the very same day, the American Dream is alive and well folks. The magic of the internet.
Imgur’s mission is to lift the world’s spirits and we like to bring that mentality to our work every day. We see it as an honor and a privilege to work on a tech product that genuinely makes people happier.
Or in the much more succinct and professional sounding words of our communications team…
Imgur is the easiest way to discover and enjoy the internet’s most entertaining content. It’s where you’ll find the internet’s funniest, most informative and inspiring images, memes, GIFs, and visual stories. Powered by a passionate community of people from all around the world, we put smiles on the faces of over 250m people around the world each month.
We’re looking for a talented Head of Design to be the voice of design across Imgur and to manage and mentor a world-class growing design team. You will help to define, lead and execute the design brand and UX strategy while working alongside our engineering, product and community teams. If you are passionate about design and inspiring teams to build better products, then this role may be for you.
- Lead design strategy at Imgur, both pushing our design forward and maintaining brand cohesiveness for all products
- Evolve Imgur’s design practice and processes
- Collaborate with the cofounders to evolve the Imgur brand and identity
- Manage and mentor a small product design team where you’ll promote a highly collaborative, fun, and creative team culture
- Roll up your sleeves and be able to execute designs from whiteboard to prototypes, working with product managers and engineers – this is a hands-on role
- Collaborate with product managers to review user data and conduct user research and translate it into effective design solutions
- Be a strategic design partner to our leadership team
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of UI/UX experience, including experience as a design team lead
- A leader who prefers to lead by doing, you can’t resist the urge to practice your craft by rolling up your sleeves and working alongside your team to unlock creativity.
- Proven ability to work cross-platform (iOS, Android, desktop web, mobile web) and across all levels of fidelity (whiteboard to wireframes, mockups, and prototypes)
- A respected designer and product thinker that has mastered their craft
- A mentor who is energized by growing others’ careers and knows how to motivate a team
- Experience with navigating ambiguity and moving quickly and iteratively.
- Values business awareness, understands the technologies used and pursues research and data insights.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Skills in a wide range of design and prototyping tools (we use Figma)
- You are excited about what we are building at Imgur
- Competitive salary, fully covered medical/dental/vision
- 401k matching
- Flexible PTO per year
- Wellness stipend
- Commuter/parking benefits
- Opportunity to work on the world’s largest image-sharing community!
- Dogs in the office
- Work from home Wednesdays!
- Work the way that works for you! Work in the office or remote.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!