Head of People and Culture
Head of People & Culture (remote)
- United States
- Human Resources
Join a fast-growing tech company with a remote and globally-distributed workforce of 70+ employees and contractors! LoveToKnowMedia is seeking an HR leader with a passion for making LoveToKnowMedia the employer of choice. The successful candidate will have 7+ years of Human Resource Management experience, especially with a start-up and remote background. This position is based remotely in the US. Please apply at https://lovetoknow-media-corp….
About this role:
- HR generalist who will impact the attraction, engagement, and retention of top talent.
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer and partners with the Spain Country Manager.
- Full-time and based remotely in the US; travel to Barcelona 3X per year!
Why you want this job:
- First traditional HR hire; build the foundation of professional HR from the ground up.
- Ability to shape, nurture and champion our global culture and company values.
- Work from home…but have your passport handy!
What you will do:
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding/exit, performance management, learning & development, compensation, benefits, and recognition.
- Craft, apply, and continually improve HR procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Foster a growth-oriented and motivating environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Build strong social connections, feedback mechanisms, and communication lines between employees, management, and the offices.
- Handle all employee relations functions, including complaint investigation & resolution, risk mitigation, and response measures.
- Manage a small team of internal recruiters, implement recruiting best practices, and scale their processes.
- Serve as the first-line resource for all legal employment matters and compliance at the federal, state, and local levels. Consult with specialists as appropriate.
- Build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
What you need to be successful:
- 7+ years of Human Resources / People Leadership with accomplished track record.
- Experience in a fast-growing tech start-up, and remote workforce.
- Knowledge of HR best practices, multi-state employment laws and regulations in the US and willing to learn about international HR, particularly in Canada, India and Spain.
- Ability to connect HR to measurable business outcomes such as hiring velocity, retention, and employee satisfaction.
- Smart, analytical, and creative problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, and emotional intelligence.
- Social, well-liked, and high-energy.
- Passion for healthy and respectful discourse as well as inclusion and diversity.
- Unquestioned integrity, character, and professionalism.
- Resourceful, self-reliant, and agile.
- Work across several time zones (you’re an early riser)
- Bachelor‘s degree in HR or related field; Master‘s degree a plus.
- Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. The 15-year old company embraces telecommuting, in which LoveToKnowMedia’s contributors across the world keep in touch, collaborate and work as a team to get the job done. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book ‘The Start-Up J Curve.’ Learn more about LoveToKnow at www.lovetoknowmedia.com.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!