Homecare Coder and Documentation Reviewer
Temporary – Homecare Coder/Documentation Reviewer
Corridor is looking to connect with experienced coders, team leads, and quality assurance professionals who are looking to work from home with Coding and OASIS Review experience. We are currently accepting resumes for temporary roles with the opportunity to move to permanent.
Position Summary: Responsible for properly identifying and sequencing diagnoses and review of OASIS with regard to appropriateness, completeness, and compliance with federal and state regulations and organization policy. Applies current coding guidelines, implements regulatory changes, obtains additional and/or clarification of documentation from physicians and clinical staff via clerical admin department to assure documentation supports diagnoses coded. The employee must be able to function with a high degree of independence and considerable discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct quality assurance documentation reviews of assigned records to include but not limited to:
- OASIS for documentation inconsistencies and accuracy
- Plan of treatment review for an accurate reflection of the patient’s condition and skilled interventions
- Medication profile for relevance to interventions, goals and coding sequencing
- Appropriate physician’s orders
- Care planning as it relates to assessment and regulatory requirements
- Conduct reviews of coding and provide recommendations for appropriate coding based on current coding guidelines
- Provide written feedback related to documentation and coding
- Conduct other clinical record audits as assigned
- Prepare reports as requested
- Maintain proficiency/knowledge of OASIS Data set items, home care reimbursement, and compliance as related to OASIS regulations and requirements
- Maintain proficiency/knowledge of coding guidelines
- Maintain Coding Certification
- Develop and maintain knowledge of software systems utilized by various agencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to relate well in a remote environment under the supervision of coding managers
- Ability to mentor and/or train other coders
- Flexibility as may be asked to work on additional projects
- May be required to attend mandatory scheduled meetings/trainings despite a flexible work schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Location: Anywhere in the United States. This role is eligible for work-from-home status. The majority of current Corridor staff work remotely, from their homes.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: Must have three years homecare experience and experience in diagnosis coding of home care records and reviewing OASIS assessments.
Certificates and Licenses: Coding certification; HCS-D or BCHH-C with OASIS experience. Prefer EMR experience in HCHB, EPIC or Wellsky.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!