Human Resource Advisor
Human Resource Advisor
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Job ID: R19266 Human Resource Advisor (Open)
The Human Resources (HR) Advisor represents HR and delivers key HR-related initiatives across the organization that help business areas achieve their objectives. Leads a team that diagnoses, develops and implements client-specific HR solutions. Builds relationships with business unit leadership while strengthening in-depth business knowledge.
Key Initiative Support (40%)
- Understands corporate and business unit initiatives. Partners with leadership to determine business imperatives and organizes deliverables.
- Manages project outputs for business areas. Prioritizes client needs within business unit and within HR and secures appropriate HR resources. Collaborates with HR COEs (center of expertise) to develop strategies to meet the needs of the client business units and coordinates an overall project plan.
- Provides guidance in the areas of organization design and talent management, including performance management and talent identification.
- Works collaboratively with the corporate communications area to ensure relative client communications are consistent with HR policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the HR centers of expertise, supports and provides appropriate guidance to business unit on HR programs, including when to involve the centers directly with the client.
- Leads execution of the workforce planning process with client business units. Conducts analysis of workforce reports and predictive analytics and makes recommendations regarding findings.
- Analyzes employee operational data to ascertain trends and potential areas of concern for the business. Identifies unarticulated expectations and presents unsolicited proposals to help division leadership and management achieve business goals.
- Effectively builds a business case when introducing recommendations or solutions. Continually monitors the client’s threshold for acceptance of recommendations and refines approach and contracted expectations as required.
- Provides talent development through consulting and identifying training needs.
Account management (25%)
- Acts as the primary HR division contact to leadership regarding HR-related issues. Exemplifies the HR management vision and viewpoint across the business areas.
- Functions as a trusted HR resource and strategic business partner for each client business unit. Manages the relationships between HR and its client divisions by maintaining a presence in the client`s business.
- Represents business unit needs and issues within HR. Understands the employee perspective and balances it with company needs. Makes interpretations and decisions regarding HR policies, procedures, services and capabilities and communicates them to leadership.
- Works with managers to assess workforce needs and issues, coaches regarding company policy and employment law as appropriate, and proactively addresses issues.
- Manages implementation and/or executes HR initiatives within client business units, providing clarification and guidance and ensuring completion.
- Understands organizational initiatives and anticipates and leads efforts that have business and workforce implications for the client.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience developing information and data to inform leaders of impacts to their business.
- Demonstrated experience establishing positive relationships with leaders that allow for effective counseling, consulting and negotiating.
- Demonstrated experience identifying client needs and applying appropriate solutions to reach business outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including people or project management in a human resources or related discipline.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including people or project management.
Additional Job Information:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience supporting senior business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to drive diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives within the HR lifecycle.
- Analytical skills and ability to use date to tell a story, drive decision and show ROI
- Project management skills and experience leading large scale projects or initiatives, including tracking milestones and deliverables and managing stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with rapid and complex changing work environment and transformational change.
- This position is eligible for remote work anywhere in the US. Future travel will be required, and will be discussed during the interview process.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visa) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
- Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!