Inpatient Facility Medical Coding Specialist
Inpatient Facility Coder
- Full Time
- Job Locations US-Virtual/Remote
- Job ID – 2020-2024
- # of Openings – 11
- Category – Medical Coding
- Minimum Hours – 40
Remote Inpatient Facility Medical Coding Specialist – Full Time
New Opportunity – Now Hiring!
Aviacode is looking for highly motivated AHIMA credentialed Inpatient/Trauma Level 1 Coding Specialists to join our team with at least 3 years’ experience in addition to any formal training. If you are a successful IP Facility Specialist that will bring a wealth of experience to our team, apply today to take advantage of our flexible remote coding career opportunities. This is a full-time 40 hour per week employee benefit eligible position lasting 13 weeks and possibly permanent.
- This position will be responsible for medical coding for one of our larger facility clients.
- Coder will be responsible for reviewing charts, coding appropriate charges and ensuring high quality standards are achieved.
- Must pass candidate assessment test with a minimum score of 80%.
- RHIA, RHIT, or CCS required
- Minimum 3 years inpatient and trauma level 1 coding experience in facility setting
- The Inpatient Coder is responsible for assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to patient charts using ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS or any other designated coding classification system in accordance with coding rules and regulations. The coder will abstract required clinical information. This position requires a thorough knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, pharmacology, Medicare’s Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes, and documentation requirements for correct and accurate coding.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality standards of 95% or greater
- Proficient in utilizing technology (computer, VPN, MS Office, coding software) to perform responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ICD-10 coding experience and have completed an ICD-10 course
- Experience with trauma and highly complex cases, orthopedic, and cardiology preferred
- Must have own PC with Windows 10 Pro and dual monitors
- High Speed Internet with reliable service
- US Candidates Only
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!