Instructor I, Nursing
Instructor I, Nursing – Online (Undergraduate/Non-Exempt)
West Coast University (WCU), a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Instructor I for Nursing (Undergraduate) – Online. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
- Reporting directly to the Faculty Manager and/or Dean of the College of Nursing or designee, the Instructor I, Nursing (Undergraduate) supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose and goals.
- Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes.
- Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator.
- Creates an educational environment that fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability.
- Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives.
- Supports University, and/or departmental goals in order to ensure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace and placement expectations.
- Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes.
- Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Master’s degree in specialty field required; doctorate degree in nursing if master’s degree is in non-nursing field.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including, but not limited to: education theory and practice, current concepts relative to specific subjects one will be teaching, current clinical practice experience or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse License required; other current professional licensure by state or national board if applicable (e.g., FNP).
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by the state Board of Nursing for nursing faculty if required for assigned subject matter instruction.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accrediting body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Current certification in basic life support procedures, including healthcare provide CPR with an Automated External Defibrillator may be required.
- Health certifications for an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Category I classified position (potential for exposure to infectious diseases at work). As an essential component of the West Coast University infection-control program immunizations and tuberculosis clearance documentation may be required in accordance with current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and OSHA recommendations and guidelines for Health-Care Personnel if teaching responsibility includes on-site oversight of practicum hours.
- Two years or less experience in teaching in a university or college setting required as defined by University’s faculty handbook.
- Minimum of 1 year instruction in fully online courses preferred (12 semester credits; e.g., 4 3-semester credit courses or the equivalent); not applicable to current WCU faculty.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards and/or accreditation bodies.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!