IT Manager (Remote)
- San Diego, CA
- Full Time
- IT Operations
Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcome place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across over 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
Cloudbeds is searching for an experienced IT Manager who can implement, maintain and expand a company BYOD policy for a growing and expanding remote workforce with employees and contractors in over 30 countries. In addition to BYOD, the company also has some company-owned devices on-premise and remote that need to be maintained. The ideal candidate will have experience and skills in rolling out new hardware and software policies, developing endpoint security policies and following best practices in endpoint security, performing network maintenance, and implementing IT growth plans and managing IT infrastructure across a mixed environment of various devices including personal computers and mobile. You must be highly skilled and capable in the areas of endpoint security, accountability, crisis management, and issue prioritization.
Location: This role can be based anywhere! (However, having the ability to sync with multiple Time Zones (Europe, North America is important. Eastern Time Zone is preferable).
What You Will Do:
- Support IT-related operations and security initiatives
- Administer third-party services for Engineering, Support, and Sales Teams
- IT tasks related to Onboarding/Offboarding employees and contractors
- Employee / contractor access control management for our own SaaS application
- Support driving technical initiatives across the company such as BYOD and access management
- Support internal hardware processes and allocation
- Helping to implement the IT policy and best practice guidelines for the organization
- Design IT training programs and workshops for staff
- Helping operations and security teams to conduct regular system audits of internal process and systems
- Evaluate and manage vendor relationships to solve technical challenges
- Experience managing and administering GSuite users and documents via the Google Admin Console
- Manage and report on allocation of IT budget
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Support implementation of security policies and regular assessment of such policies
- Manage equipment and software inventory, purchasing, and licensing
- Implement IT training and certification programs for staff
You’ll Succeed With:
- Several years (5+) of Industry Experience
- Experience supporting IT operations in a remote and global company
- Hands-on experience with computer hardware, software, and network systems
- Experience supporting various operating systems, including Windows, OSX, macOS, Linux, and Mobile (iOS, Android)
- Experience implementing security and privacy standards and best practices
- Experience in managing an IT budget
- Passionate about working with remote people across an organization
- Desire to work within a fast-changing business environment
- Strong problem solving and verbal / written communication skills
- Degree in a related field (Information Technology, Computer Science) a plus
- Multi-Lingual (Spanish, Portuguese) a definite plus
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an unlimited PTO policy and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. We are also dedicated to your personal and professional development at Cloudbeds. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your individual growth! If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018 & 2019)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!