Law Enforcement Transcriber
We are looking for vendors / independent contractors who can transcribe audio content of criminal investigations, internal affairs, and various law enforcement audios. Contractors should have prior verbatim, multi-speaker transcription experience. The most successful candidates will have experience transcribing for a law enforcement agency (police department, sheriff’s department, etc.), court reporting experience, or similar. Whether you want to transcribe full-time or part-time, we have more than enough work to go around.
New orders are available Monday through Friday with turnarounds that vary from same day to 5 business days. The majority of our orders are 3 business days. Our order pool allows you to choose orders that fit into your schedule — displaying length of audio and turnaround for each order. You may claim anywhere from a couple orders a week up to fully booking yourself a “full-time” amount of orders.
Pay is per audio minute and dependent on the turnaround time of the order. Contractors are paid on the 1st and the 15th of the month.
We only contract with citizens of the United States that reside within the USA. A full criminal background check is required for individuals completing this work.
There is an initial assessment period before any vendor is able to complete client work. Typing 80 words per minute is generally the minimum speed needed to be successful with the orders offered from our company, along with excellent grammar and proofreading skills that will allow you to consistently provide a 98% accurate transcript.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIBERS: If your experience is with Medical transcription only, your application will not be considered for this opportunity. Please apply or register for future openings for our General transcription or LE Dictation opportunity which will be a better fit for your experience.**
- You must be a citizen of the United States, residing in the United States. Note: Due to legislative restrictions, residents of California and Massachusetts are not eligible for this opportunity.
- You must be willing and able to begin immediately
- You must be able to pass a full criminal background check. Note: The background check is not covered by Net Transcripts.
- You must have prior multi-speaker transcription experience. The most successful candidates will have experience transcribing multi-speaker audios for a law enforcement agency (police department, sheriff’s department, etc.) or court reporting experience **We may also consider other legal transcription experience**
- You must type 80 words per minute
- You must have excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- You must be able to type and then proof your documents to 98% accuracy
- You must have a PC that can run a transcription software package of your choosing
- You must have a high speed Internet connection
- You must demonstrate strong computer literacy and be proficient with MS Word
- You must be able to open Excel documents (proficiency not needed)
- You must be able to proficiently use Search Engines, a Web browser and email
- You must use good quality headphones (preferably noise canceling), and a foot pedal for audio play back.*Note: If you do not have a foot pedal yet and are going to purchase one after receiving word that you have qualified, we recommend an Infinity brand foot pedal as this will soon be required to interface with our system.
- You must be able to acquire and provide an FEIN within 30 days of being activated for live orders.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!