Lead Customer Success Manager
Lead Customer Success Manager
- UNITED STATES
- GROW – CUSTOMER SUCCESS
- Chef Software is an industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions.
- We develop the world’s best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries.
- We’re writing the rules of the cloud — rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to.
- Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn.
- Chances are the web applications you use every day that have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and ran with our code.
- We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community.
- We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously.
- This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals, strong on aptitude and attitude, will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
- We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
- The Customer Success Manager (CSM) plays an integral role in our success at Chef.
- The Customer Success Manager works directly with our customers to help them achieve their business objectives with the Chef product suite.
- The CSM is coupled with a dedicated Customer Architect and works together with them and others to develop solutions to our customer’s most difficult problems.
- The CSM leads the relationship, ensures the customer has access to the necessary resources and helps guide them along their DevOps journey.
- This position is for a Senior Customer Success Manager that will have oversight responsibility for Chef’s most strategic accounts.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a portfolio of customers to drive greater business value and ensuring our customer’s Chef investment is being optimally leveraged
- Drive customer on-boarding experience and succession planning to ensure customers are deriving the most value out of Chef’s products and services
- Proactively drive customer adoption and look for opportunities to increase the overall footprint
- Work closely with the sales team as growth opportunities are identified
- Understand and manage customer health in a proactive fashion
- Improve Customer Experience & Customer Satisfaction by helping them achieve their stated business outcomes
- Implement action plans and playbooks that drive key metrics for the CSM
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, and product feedback
- Make customer renewals a non-event by driving a results-based engagement pattern. Customers should understand the value they are getting from Chef’s products and services and the CSM provides the ongoing engagement patterns to ensure they keep and grow our customers’ business.
- Provide feedback to Sales, Product and Marketing on patterns you see with Customers that will allow us to more efficiently scale our business
- Build strong relationships and collaborate cross-functionally to drive market readiness, sales handoffs, customer marketing, training actions, services deployment, and effective support
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience contributing to digital transformation delivery programs including strategy and vision development, implementation and deployment planning, benefits realization and overall program delivery
- Have experience as a Customer Success Manager or similar role as a business driver in a software development organization
- Have experience managing large and complex strategic accounts. The Senior CSM will manage customers in our global segment with an account load of about 10 of our highest value customers.
- Thorough understanding of DevOps automation and have a compelling point-of-view on the value of DevOps
- Demonstrate executive presence and the ability to influence executive senior stakeholders
- Have a “service mindset” that compels them to deliver value and help
- 7+ years of customer/account management experience
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and achieve results in Digital Transformation within complex IT environments
- Experience working with technical practitioners and Executive Sponsors
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- A customer-first mindset
- Strong perspective rooted in past experience, paired with a willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; the flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
- Benefits are awesome — a competitive salary, equity for all, solid medical/dental benefits, 401(k), telecommuting, flextime, a variety of interesting projects, and brilliant co-workers.
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!