Lead Program Manager
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you’ll help build on this momentum. Together, we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
An Upwork Lead Program Manager is the human layer between the Upwork platform and Upwork Enterprise clients, providing white glove service and strategic consultation for program activities. From consulting with hiring managers, helping to scope out projects, executing processes to build large projects, recommending Upwork talent, coordination with Talent Solutions, Upwork Compliance and reporting functions, the Lead PM is there to make clients’ lives happier and easier by enabling them to get more done, faster. These individuals have deep knowledge of the platform, utilizing freelance resources, and are highly proactive, resourceful individuals capable of driving Upwork Enterprise matters.
As a Lead Program Manager for the Upwork Professionals team, you will be the team’s subject matter expert in applying project management methodology across multiple client projects from initiation to delivery of work product, and closure. You will utilize your experience to appropriately scope out projects, define resource requirements and allocations as well as costs. You will serve as the Lead for project teams and liaise between the client and your project teams, working alongside the Upwork management team to maintain project compliance. Come join a collaborative, dynamic team that helps grow the business with our colleagues and embodies the company’s mission and values. This role can be in Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area or remote. This position will require travel to client site on an as needed basis.
- You will lead day-to-day operational functions of the Upwork Enterprise solution and be the main point of contact for the Upwork Professional/Client relationship
- You will handle intake calls and assign projects to Program Managers.
- You will approve hours entered by individuals supporting the projects for the clients you manage.
- You are responsible for ensuring the Program Managers, assigned to the specific account the Lead Program Manager supports, are following rules and procedures specific to each client.
- Working directly with clients to scope and craft projects, post project descriptions, evaluate talent data, facilitate freelancer engagement and payment, and work with Upwork internal teams including sales, compliance and billing.
- Sourcing talent on comand making job award suggestions to drive successful outcomes for our clients.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic platform issues as they relate to the best use of Upwork Enterprise
- Work with peers and partner teams to develop solutions and deepen the value proposition of the Upwork Professionals
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Validated program management, project management and/or operational expertise with an advanced knowledge of the Upwork platform
- Experience with large program administration, including experience working with distributed teams
- Big plus for experience managing talent sources
- An active Upwork platform account, in good standing, with a minimum of 500 billed hours, or reasonable achievement equivalent
- A high level of business insight and enthusiastic professional communication style
How to really knock our socks off:
- You are a wizard working with project management and CRM systems like Asana, Salesforce, etc.
- Did we mention that we’re looking for a people person? You are able to work cross functionally with internal teams and externally with clients.
- You understand big clients, and have deep knowledge of Managed Services and VMS agreements
- Strategic and creative thinking enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday’s, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!