Learning and Development Specialist
Learning & Development Specialist
Main Office: Off Site (MOO)
If you take pride in helping others meet or exceed their goals, and have a passion for training and development, look no further! Sun’s Learning & Development Team is seeking a Learning & Development Specialist to join its team in Southfield, Michigan.
Our Learning & Development Specialists are responsible for facilitating and maintaining all phases of learning and development. In addition, they help support Sun’s culture of high performance, recognition, and career development.
This position has the option to work remotely.
- Provide support with talent planning efforts including data entry, data integration and talent assessment management administration as appropriate to ensure team members are on the right track for optimal placement within the company for current and future success.
- Onboard new team members using a variety of learning activities including web-based training, webinars, instructor-led training, etc.; adapt training depending on level of experience, learning style and demands of job.
- Facilitate and coordinate training based on needs of team members.
- Provide coaching and support to leaders and team members to facilitate the development of additional knowledge and skills.
- Review and recommend revisions and/or changes to Sun’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain documentation for various company systems, processes and procedures in the Knowledge Base.
- Track and monitor learning.
- Collaborate with leaders to provide just-in-time learning events.
- Analyze learning effectiveness; submit reports and recommendations to leaders.
- Track and monitor engagement through observation, performance and Sun Rewards utilization.
- Partner with leaders to maintain Sun’s culture of recognition.
- Assist with designing development curriculum and learning plans for high potential team members.
- Partner with leaders and Talent Acquisition Specialists for high potential placement.
- Partner with leaders and Team Relations Specialists to design individual development plans.
- Provide support on HR-related and other company software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field and 2 years experience with training and development, OR High School Diploma/GED and 2 years property management experience
- Strong facilitation, coaching and collaboration skills
- Experience using web-conferencing applications
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems, a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member in and with diverse groups/audiences, including those in remote locations
- Strong attention to detail and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities, manage multiple tasks, and successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to travel 5-25% of the time
- Intermediate computer proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to use email and internet
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with two PPO plan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental Plan
- Voluntary Vision Plan with the option of electing coverage for you and your family members at affordable rates
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Site Rent Discounts for team members who live in our communities
- Paid Time Off including nine holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!