Learning Experience Designer
Title: Learning Experience Designer
- Location: Remote – North America
About the opportunity
Contentful Learning Services creates impactful, scalable learning experiences to help content authors, content architects, software developers, and other Contentful customer roles get the most out of the Contentful platform. We don’t do average. We’re out to reset the industry standard for helping customers to quickly create value while building on the best practices that lead to long term success.
What to expect?
We’re looking to hire a multi-talented, technically savvy learning design ninja who can help us continue to create the industry’s most creative, impactful, and engaging learning experiences.
- You will draw on your user research skills to discover how Contentful users in each role do their jobs. What are their essential tasks, their daily challenges, their processes and workflows, their learning preferences? Which Contentful features will be most useful to them? What concepts, skills and best practices do they need to reach their organizational and personal goals?
- Using best practices and current thinking from learning science, UX design, marketing, and technology, you will craft innovative learning components (ILT courses, e-learning, videos, documents, job aids, etc.) that are easy-to-consume, visually-compelling, and that take full advantage of the affordances of various media and delivery methodologies.
- You will design comprehension checks, assessment activities, and certification processes that accurately gauge learners’ ability to use Contentful software for real world tasks.
- You will collaborate effectively with the other Contentful teams, drawing on their knowledge and building on existing assets as you create formal learning materials. You will use your strong communication and soft leadership skills to build alignment around concepts, approaches, terminology, and examples both inside and outside the Learning Services team.
What you need to be successful?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a learning or technology-related field with 3+ years of experience in instructional design/learning experience design.
- Your portfolio shows that you are an innovator with the ability to find creative solutions to complex problems.
- You have a multi-disciplinary background. In addition to traditional skill sets such as adult learning theory, instructional design, and learning evaluation, you also have expertise in one or more related fields such as user research, performance support, process design, change management, cognitive psychology, and UX design.
- You are comfortable with basic software development tools and concepts. Bonus points if you’ve worked as a software developer or have experience with content management systems.
- You have experience with industry-standard learning development tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate 360, Evolve, and Camtasia.
- You have exemplary written and oral communication skills. You can write effective copy, instructional text, and audio/video scripts. You can tell a story with visuals as well as words.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment that requires juggling multiple time-sensitive projects.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $98,000 – $103,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed locations around the world.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!