Manager, Content Marketing and Thought Leadership
Manager, Content Marketing and Thought Leadership
This position is responsible for creating content that drives Premier’s thought leadership voice and promotes executive visibility in the market. This position is a key contributor to the development, execution and delivery of thought leadership collateral across all communications channels, playing a role in the success of inbound and outbound marketing campaigns. Successful candidates will be responsible for managing enterprise brand efforts, including but not limited to: white paper authorship, byline/blog and other thought leadership content development, and promoting thought leadership collateral in earned media outlets. Ideally, this person will have unparalleled writing ability, strong healthcare subject matter expertise, stellar project management skills, as well as established contacts with media. This position will serve on the Public Relations team.
Area of Responsibility:
- Develop thought leadership and content marketing collateral.
- Accountable for specific content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement and leads that deliver sales and retention.
- Collaborates across functions to deliver effective editorial plans to meet business unit growth objectives.
- This role requires a brand publisher mindset to create the content our audience is looking for; impeccable, long-form (i.e., journal article or white paper) writing excellence is required, as is subject matter expertise in hospital operations and public policy.
- Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
- Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution of content will be required. This person must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Management of creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel will be necessary.
- Ability to understand and interpret data scientist findings, perform independent statistical analysis and extrapolations and conduct independent mathematical calculations will be required.
- Leverage thought leadership content to write and edit shorter-form bylined articles and press releases.
- Researches, develops and pitches story ideas around Premier business priorities to general business and industry outlets.
- Collaborates across key company resources to access expertise and perspectives to emerging news stories.
- Develops messages tailored to promoting Premier with various media outlets.
- Drafts Q&A and key message documents and conducts internal briefings as necessary.
- Oversees monitoring on relevant issues and developments, as well as activity of other key market participants, and devises messages accordingly.
- Manages media interviews, including interviewee preparation, and conducts or directs follow-up.
- Plan press events to drive media coverage.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Area of study required: Journalism, Communications, English, Business
- 5+ years of experience required
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Type of experience required: Public relations experience; media relations
Role Specific Competencies:
- Ability to perform and deliver on time multiple writing projects that are clear, accurate, technically correct and achieve messaging objectives.
- Works well with highly structured timelines and deadlines.
- Willingness to receive and adapt to feedback and draft reviews.
- Proven ability to earn media coverage.
- Excellent writing and editing/proofing skills.
- Must have the ability to write and think in the voice of another; key leaders speaking patterns.
- Knowledge and understanding of healthcare issues required.
- Ability to gain understanding of intended audience—knowledge of subject matter—who, what, where, when and why.
- Adaptive writing style to suit a variety of clients, subject matter, media and audiences
- Strong relationship development skills.
- Understanding of various communications channels, digital, print, broadcast, etc. to tailor content creation to best leverage the medium.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis preferred, with ability to conduct basic data calculations required.
Premier is looking for smart, agile individuals like you to help us transform the healthcare industry. Here you will find critical thinkers who have the freedom to make an impact. Colleagues who share your thirst to learn more and do things better. Teammates committed to improving the health of a nation.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful discrimination because of their age, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, pregnancy status, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, covered military or protected veteran status, disability, or any other applicable federal, state or local protected class, trait or status or that of persons with whom an applicant associates. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Premier complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!