Job Reference: –007009
Division: Informa Tech
Managing Editor | Remote
Informa is seeking an ambitious Managing Editor to join our ITProToday.com team. The right candidate will lead the site’s daily publishing efforts, bringing high-quality content to our audience of IT professionals.
In this role you will:
- Edit, optimize for search and post editorial content from within our content management system
- Write display type
- Manage social media accounts
- Produce e-newsletters
- Maintain the website, including freshening the home page on a daily basis
- Manage the production process for monthly PDF-based special reports and other special packages
- Monitor wire services and Informa sister sites for content that is applicable to our audience
- Assess and report on site traffic
- Drive SEO efforts among staff members
- Lead collaboration efforts with Informa sister sites
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Five or more years of experience copy editing or content editing and overseeing production for an online or print publication in the B2B space, preferably for an IT audience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or a related area
- Training, whether formal or informal, as a copy editor (AP Stylebook)
- Proficiency in search engine optimization
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with website analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Social media savvy
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Interest in, or willingness to learn about, technology
Who we are:
ITProToday.com is a leading online source of daily news, analysis and how-to’s about the information technology industry. We help IT professionals and technology stakeholders learn about, assess and manage the acquisition of next-gen technology that drives business innovation, including — but not limited to — analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, cloud computing, compute engines, containers, data center operations, edge computing, hyper-converged infrastructure, the mobile-first workplace, security, software development and DevOps, storage, and the Internet of Things. We sit within the Informa Tech business division alongside sister sites such as Information Week, Data Center Knowledge, Channel Futures, Channel Partners Online and IoT World Today; conferences such as Black Hat, Interop, IoT World and Data Center World; and research groups including Ovum, and Tractica.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, nine company holidays and time off to volunteer
- Work-life balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Company stock purchase plan
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!