- Growth Team
- Full time
Culture is ephemeral. It changes constantly. But one thing stays consistently the same: culture and economies are driven by creators.
Art. Literature. Food. Film. Music. Fashion. Sports. Social movements. These empower synergies between culture and economies. Each of these categories are fueled by individual creators and collectives. Each with a unique vision for the future. Their art — whatever form it takes — is an attempt to bring that vision to life.
ConvertKit is on a mission to help these creators earn a living online using our SaaS email marketing and commerce platform. We give creators the right tools to own the relationship with their audience and monetize their fans. We’ve built a product creators love and we’re looking for a designer to join our team with enthusiasm for our mission, vision and values.
We are 100% independent, 100% remote (always, not just in 2020) and we serve a rapidly growing userbase of more than 170,000 creators. We firmly believe the creator economy is and will continue to be a driving force for positive change and independence.
For a look at our culture and what it’s like to work at ConvertKit, check out our careers page.
About the role
Role location: Remote – EMEA + Americas
We’re looking for a marketing designer with strong web design skills to join our remote team and produce marketing materials that help us position ConvertKit as the essential tool the world’s most interesting creators use to share their art, spread their ideas and shape culture.
As part of our Brand team you’ll report to our Creative Director and will play a core role in developing a visual brand that creators love. You’ll work closely with the Marketing team in the EMEA & Americas regions to help increase our userbase through creative and effective marketing design that clearly communicates ConvertKit’s value.
The marketing designer will be responsible for:
- Designing beautiful, informative product marketing pages for Convertkit and partnering with our front-end developer to bring them to life
- Creating original and effective designs – both digital and print – for marketing collateral across our website, content, social media, email, events, training and sales channels
- Aligning design performance with company goals and optimizing them to improve performance using A/B testing or iteration
- Working with the Creative Director to develop and improve ConvertKit’s visual brand
- Collaborating with members of the Marketing team on projects to ensure we are designing the right solution to the problem
- Working with external design contractors to help prioritize their workflow and give them feedback
- Maintaining consistency and high-standards for design throughout the company
- Clear communication with the team about deadlines and priorities
The right designer for this role has:
- Prior in-house experience in a marketing or brand design role
- A portfolio of work that showcases your ability to design creative and effective websites
- A keen eye for design details like typography, iconography, illustration and interactive animation
- Strong writing skills to clearly communicate ideas and design decisions
- The ability to be autonomous and self-motivated in a remote work environment
- Belief in our mission, vision and values
Bonus skills & experience:
- Three years of design experience in a tech company marketing a B2C product
- Experience using analytical tools like Google Analytics to understand website performance
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Experience running A/B tests on designs and determining results from those tests
- Strong interest in the creator economy
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where in the world you live. For this role, we’re hiring at level 3 ($95,000) or level 4 ($115,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- 9 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 8 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Individual learning & development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to apply
This role will close on Monday October 19th.
To apply, complete the application including a short cover letter telling us how your previous experience makes you a great fit for this role, a link to your portfolio, and answers to the questions on the application page. We read every single application and your cover letter, combined with the answers to our questions, help us put the experience in your resume and portfolio into context.
We usually receive a large number of applications (because remote work!), but hope to get through them within two weeks of the close date for the role. Don’t worry, you’ll hear from us either way.
Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A technical interview to discuss your design process in detail
- A short, paid design assignment
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed at every step.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of this job posting as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap – you never know, you might just be the perfect person for the role, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description above.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!