- Job ID: J165128
- Company: Gateway Health
- Location: Remote
- Full/Part Time: Full time
- Job Type: Day (United States of America)
This job assigns codes (ICD-9, 10, CPT and HCPCS) which most accurately describe diagnosis, procedures and therapies according to established guidelines. The incumbent is accountable for assigning and sequencing ICD-9 CM/CPT/HCPCS and ICD-10 codes to diagnoses and procedure for the documented information.
- Compile, abstract and maintain patient medical records to document condition and treatment. Actively code diagnoses (ICD-9) based on medical record documentation.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations. Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Participate in inter-rater reliability testing/peer review exercises, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Associate degree in medical record technology or 1 year coding diploma
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- 1 year of coding experience
- Experience with commercial claims and/or medical/surgical products or Medicare advantage or Medicare fee for service program coverage, the Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS), International Classification of Diseases (ICD-9, ICD-10) information
- Knowledge of coding International Classification of Diseases, 9th Revision (ICD-9) codes
- Understands and applies appropriate Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines to coding
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Coding software familiarity
- Excellent verbal, math and written communication skills
- Data entry
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
- Is Travel Required?
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!