Medical Coder – Remote
The primary function of this position is to perform ICD10-CM HCC coding of Matrix Health Assessments.
This position will review and analyze medical documentation and assign ICD10-CM, CPT and CPTII codes into a proprietary computer tracking system.
This role is 100% remote and is Full Time, Temporary with the opportunity to covert to Permanent status (depending on performance, etc)
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes
- Review assessment to identify appropriate coding based on ICD10, CPT and CPTII coding guidelines
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information
- Support and participate in process and quality improvement initiatives
- Enter ICD10, CPT and CPTII codes into computer applications
- Research ICD10, CPT and/or CPTII codes and medical terminology
- Attend department training and education meetings as required
- Performs other assigned tasks and duties as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Certified Medical Coder (CPC, COC, CRC, CCA, CCS) with high degree of competence in this area with 2 years experience. Must hold current certification through the Amerian Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or American Health Inforation Management Association (AHIMA).
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICD10-CM, CPT and CPTII coding guidelines, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology. ICD10-CM proficiency required.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability to validate support for diagnosis/procedures
- Knowledge of HCC auditing concepts and principles
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and policy compliance issues related to medical coding and documentation
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet research
- Experience using distance learning/meeting programs (GoTo Meeting)
Supervisory Responsibility: No supervisory responsibilities.
Travel Requirements: No travel required.
Work Conditions: Remote location, general office environment.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!