Meeting and Event Planner
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
We are looking for an Event Planner to support the Linux Foundation’s Event Services team to continue to deliver high quality, successful conferences and events for our projects and the greater open source community. The Event Services team includes 30+ of the industry’s best talent, who work to manage 100+ global events annually, ranging in size from 50 – 10,000+. This position will work on managing 10+ global B2B conferences and a host of smaller events each year across North America, Europe and Asia, with attendance for most events from 200-1200+ attendees. This position is a remote, virtual, position and can be located anywhere in the United States and reports to an Event Manager. Overnight and weekend travel to events both domestically and internationally (~30%) is required.
- Plan program logistics including breakout and keynote session audio-visual, wifi and internet services, session recording and live streaming, event networking applications and shipping and customs management. Additional responsibilities may include, space planning, signage production and/or food and beverage.
- Partner with other members of events team on events team collaboratively for full event execution.
- Create new or update existing processes, documentation, timelines and to-do lists where it relates to event responsibilities.
- Provide on-site support for events, including overseeing execution of areas of pre-planning responsibility as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Provide customer support to attendees and other event stakeholders onsite and pre-event.
- Work closely with internal cross-functional teams for successful execution of events and to meet event goals and objectives.
- Execute to budgeted targets for areas of pre-planning responsibility reducing costs or securing additional benefits for budgeted expense whenever possible.
- Work with external vendors on the creation and timely delivery of conference materials.
- Review, ensure the accuracy of and submit for timely payment bills and/or invoices related to areas of planning responsibility.
- BS/BA degree and 4+ years of recent event planning experience, preferably in B2B conference planning
- Ability to thrive and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, positive energy, self-directed, amiable, and composed under pressure
- Helpful and humble with a hospitality-driven and service-oriented attitudeIncredible attention to detail, organized and able to effectively shift between tasks
- Previous experience and/or desire to work remotely; ability to manage tasks, time and schedule with limited supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, vendors and team members; comfortable interacting with a wide range of community members, from C-level executives to technical programmers
- Availability to join periodic early AM/late PM calls to accommodate clients and vendors in other time zones.
- Strong computer knowledge (office applications, internet, registration software, database applications, and project management software) – proven ability to pick up new programs and software quickly
- Prior experience with Google Docs, WordPress, Adobe, Salesforce, and/or Cvent not required, but is a plus
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate about providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office.
We offer exceptional benefits – e.g., Fantastic health care, unlimited PTO, 100% 401k match up to $18k, profit-sharing and exceptional healthcare plans.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!