Mortgage Fraud Quality Control Auditor
Mortgage Fraud QC Auditor
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
We are currently seeking an experienced Mortgage Fraud Auditor/ Investigator, primarily with a mortgage underwriting or mortgage quality control background. This will be a full-time position in a paperless environment for all loan files, which allows for the employee to work from home (remote). Training will be provided via remote access as well.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate mortgage loans for suspected fraudulent activity, potential misrepresentation and/or suspicious activities related to the origination, underwriting, or servicing of mortgage loans.
- Identify fraud schemes or patterns identified through monitoring, or referred for investigation by business partners.
- Develop practical recommendations and communicate with business partners on pending investigations
- Follow-up and obtain feedback from various departments and incorporate responses into the final audit report.
- Assist with the review of possible matches to various exclusionary lists including, government, agency, investor and internal.
- Assist with the maintenance and development of BSA/AML and fraud monitoring related policies, procedures and trainings
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Must have minimum 5 years of recent mortgage banking experience, primarily in underwriting and auditing.
- Must be familiar with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae guidelines and must be able to actively keep up with changing guidelines (FHA and VA experience a plus)
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must have strong analytical skills, with a high degree of accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
- Use of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of high-risk characteristics in relation to Mortgage Fraud
- A minimum of 5 years recent mortgage banking experience, primarily in mortgage fraud schemes
- Experience working in Encompass
- Experience in completing Suspicious Activity Reports
- CAMS, CFE, or other fraud/ anti-money laundering certifications
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
Employee Type: Full-Time Regular
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!