National Communications Manager
National Communications Manager
- Level: Experienced
- Job Location: Work from Home
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: 4 Year Degree
- Salary Range: $55,500.00 – $77,700.00 Salary/year
- Travel Percentage: Negligible
- Job Shift: Day
- Job Category: Nonprofit – Social Services
Food & Water Action is working to create a healthy future for all people and generations to come—a world where everyone has food they can trust, clean drinking water and a livable climate. Making this happen requires involving people in the pressing issues of our time at the local, state, and federal level, building on one win after another, as we develop a larger movement that has the political power to make our democratic process work.
This position achieves organizational and campaign goals by implementing creative, ambitious traditional communications plans that support the policy, research and organizing initiatives of Food & Water Watch/Food & Water Action (FWW/FWA). This position works closely with policy, political, organizing and research staff to strategize, plan and implement communications tactics that forward policies and campaigns, and elevate the identity of the organization. This position serves as the day-to-day communications lead for a specific set of regional, national and/or international policy and organizing initiatives and campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write, edit, and/or support the production of communications plans and materials related to signature campaigns, aligned issues, and other organizational priorities (including, but not limited to, communications plans, policy statements, press releases, research reports, speeches, talking points, staff briefings, policy memos, web content, video/audio scripts, social media content, etc.).
- Collaborate with senior FWW/FWA staff to develop and implement communications strategies and tactics to support organizational initiatives (including political and organizing campaigns, policy initiatives, research initiatives, etc.).
- Collaborate with senior staff to identify, develop, and optimize policy positions, research opportunities and campaigns to enhance strategic goals and grow the organization.
- Plan and implement national, state and local media campaigns and tactics.
- Build and maintain relationships with media personnel, and place news, opinion and advertising in desired media targets, and radio/TV/web interviews for staff experts.
- Help create and implement communication trainings for FWW/FWA staff.
- Carry out other projects, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must have proven previous experience with media, public relations, publications, and team management. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- B.A. degree in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field;
- 5 years of communications or journalism experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Computer Skills: The incumbent must work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet and spreadsheet software; in particular have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!