Operator, Hunter – Continuous Penetration Testing
Title: Operator/Hunter (Continuous Penetration Testing)
Location: All Locations/Remote
Bishop Fox is largest private professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories we’re right there, advising every bit of the way. Our work ensures that cities can keep their transit systems running, farmers can harvest their crops, private medical information stays private, and smart home devices aren’t eavesdropping on families.
We are launching a new service line, so we are bringing a few good penetration testers to help establish the team.
What You’ll Do
As a Bishop Fox continuous penetration testing operator, you’ll be empowered by technology to hunt for vulnerabilities across an ever-increasing external attack surface. You’ll use your (natural) hacker mindset to compromise networks and applications while constantly thinking about how to scale your efforts and broaden your reach. You’ll also continuously develop tools and techniques to increase attack surface discovery and identify new attacks of opportunity.
Other responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Brainstorming concepts, documenting methodologies, and automating security testing techniques and tools for new and/or complex attacks
- Hunting for impactful findings across large multi-customer attack surface
- Leveraging custom automation platform to investigate vulnerabilities at scale
- Performing in-depth network and web application testing on high-value targets
- Building proof of concept exploits automating and scaling when possible
- Providing technical expertise to your team members both in Managed Security Services as well as the Bishop Fox Consulting Practice
This is a brand-new service line for Bishop Fox; this marks the beginning of an entirely different venture for us. Continuous penetration testing projects are long-term engagements where the scope changes with the client’s; external attack surface.
Why Bishop Fox
We believe that what we do makes an impact, and our culture reflects it in the best possible way. Every one of us plays a role in our success. We value our time and our well-being, we love what we do, and we look out for one another. Bishop Fox offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules, and a one-of-a kind environment. For the right candidate, it will feel like a second home.
Your Education and Experience
You just have to be good at and, most importantly, love what you do. Don’t worry about a piece of paper; we won’t. Here’s a list of qualities we’re looking for, but don’t think that you need them all:
- Network penetration testing
- Web application penetration testing
- Open-source intelligence gathering (OSINT)
- Scripting/programming skills (e.g., Python, Golang, Node.js, Bash, etc.)
- Red teaming
- Strong communication skills (i.e., written and verbal)
- Active GitHub account
- Extensive experience with and contributions to bug bounty programs
- Understanding of security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities (e.g., the OWASP Top Ten)
- 2 – 5 years of application security experience
- Additional experience in IT, security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, or applied cryptography
- Network and web-related protocol knowledge (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!