- Location: Remote Remote US
We’re Apogee. Nice to meet you. At our core, we’re a student services organization that happens to focus on IT. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, game-playing, finals-taking, seminar-attending, class-selecting students by providing IT infrastructure that meets today’s needs technology-savvy generation.
We work hard, celebrate success, and challenge everyone in our organization to be a problem solver. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and education, join us today.
This is a remote full-time role with Apogee.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the preparation and processing of semi-monthly payroll for approximately 250 employees.
- Process overtime earnings or holiday deductions.
- Coordinate with department managers/supervisors to ensure accurate and timely timecard approvals.
- Collaborate with HR to ensure the accuracy of benefit deductions, garnishments, and other payroll deductions.
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (e.g., annual bonuses, severance pay, taxes, worker’s compensation)
- Ensure payroll and tax documents are accurate.
- Ensure compliance and act as liaison with governmental laws on payroll accounting and taxes.
- Manage the 401K program to ensure accurate and timely reporting of data.
- Participate in payroll audits
- Answer employee questions concerning payroll
- Other duties as requested by the manager
Accounts Payable Administration:
- Assist accounts payable, including processing invoices, bank reconciliations, inventory tracking, month-end closing, and data entry.
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets
Experience you bring to the table:
- Three years’ experience as a payroll accountant processing multi-state payroll
- Previous experience in accounts payable.
- Understanding of local and governmental rules about payroll
- Trax, BambooHR, Paycor experience a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel
You’ll love this job if this describes you:
Detail Orientation. You are thorough and accurate in accomplishing tasks. This is demonstrated in all your core areas of ownership and how you approach your work.
Time Management. Use your time effectively and efficiently; you practice setting daily priorities based on impact, time, and complexity. You’re able to articulate and reason as to why one job deserves priority over another.
Proactivity. Deeply engrained self-motivation. You’re motivated to get work done. That means that you love efficiency and are driven to complete a project or task.
Technical Learning. Pick up on new concepts quickly and thrives in an environment where new processes are being built vs. maintaining legacy work methods. You keep up to date on technology in your field and seek to increase your skill level or expand your responsibility scope.
Customer Service. You are dedicated to meeting the expectations of your external and internal customers. You’re able to build effective relationships, and your hard work typically gains you respect and others’ confidence.
Apogee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apogee complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better so here is what we are offering:
- An attractive salary
- Health insurance plan including Health Savings Account matching program
- Monthly stipend for cellular and data usage
- Engineering and Technical teams receive cash bonuses for obtaining certifications
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Much More!
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!