- Hopkinton, MA or Remote, US
- Full Time
- Mid Level
This position can be located anywhere in the United States and a Work From Home on a permanent basis is supported.
Looking for a highly motivated individual with significant payroll processing knowledge and experience to join a rapid growth SaaS company. As the Payroll Manager, you will oversee the transition of payroll processing from an outsourced payroll service provider to in-house payroll processing using the PrismHR cloud-based payroll solution. You will supervise an accounting specialist with payroll experience and work closely with the Human Resources and Payroll Tax departments. The Payroll Manager will work alongside the Accounting Manager, to assist with month-end close process by posting payroll related entries to the general ledger.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to really propel their career, and obtain a highly visible role, within a dynamic, growing organization.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the processing of semi-monthly payroll for up to 350 salaried and hourly employees
- Assist with month-end close process by posting payroll related entries to the general ledger
- Oversee the application of necessary deductions and garnishments for employees
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local wage and tax requirements
- Liaison to HR regarding processing of employee benefits (changes, open enrollment, 401K etc..)
- Supervise, train and mentor a payroll processor
- Establish account reconciliation procedures related to all payroll related general ledger accounts
- Work closely with operations team to maintain and improve payroll practices
- Assist the team with ad-hoc projects as necessary
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of prior payroll experience with organizations of 250+ employees
- PrismHR Software and MasterTax experience is highly preferred
- Experience with Sage Intacct General Ledger
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of employment law as it pertains to payroll
- Detailed knowledge of tax regulations including national and state legislation.
- Prior experience working through payroll system implementations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- Strong Excel skills required
- Ability to work on cross functional teams, as well as to work independently
- Ability to complete projects/reports within established deadlines
- Attention to detail, accuracy, resourceful, analytical, and follow through skills
- Must be able to work in ever-changing environment and be self-directed
- Ability to juggle and lead multiple projects effectively
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent team player with the ability to thrive in a culture of collaboration
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!