Practice Experience Mentor – Department of Sciences
Title: Practice Experience Mentor – RN to BSN Program, Department of Sciences
- Nursing for Registered Nurses
- School of Arts and Sciences
- UMGC Stateside
- Location: Stateside Remote
- Location: Online
The UMGC Nursing for Registered Nurses Program (RN to BSN), located within the Department of Sciences, in the School of Arts and Sciences, is currently recruiting for practice experience mentors for the family and community health course to evaluate students during their practice experience. Due to the COVID-19 crisis, this role will be conducted virtually.
In this role, the practice experience mentor will direct the student learning experience by:
- Meeting with the student virtually to assist in the integration of theory and practice of public and community health nursing.
- Evaluate the student’s ability to integrate clinical reasoning skills, as they pertain to the area of family and community health through virtual discussion and project evaluation.
- Collaborate with the public health agency representatives via various modalities, such as Zoom, or by phone, to ensure that the students are meeting the course objectives
- Provide feedback to the lead faculty and site coordinator on student progress.
List of responsibilities includes:
- Supervise and evaluate the practice experience by employing the use of technology.
- Communicate with the student on a regular basis to review practice experience expectations and determine progress in completing the virtual practice experience.
- Communicates with the public health agency several times during the course to assess student progress.
- Complete evaluations of the student and the agency through virtual discussion with the students and agency representative.
- Function as a point of contact between the public health agency and nursing program.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Active unencumbered license in MD, or multistate compact license
- Professional level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in teaching community health nursing
- Professional working experience in public or community health
- Experience in conducting clinical site visits
Materials needed for submission:
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/ degree evaluation from a NACES approved Vendor.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMGC—one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is “Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMGC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMGC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!