Principal Data Architect
Principal Data Architect
- Remote Location – United States of America
- Full time
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we’re always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
This technologist will be responsible for working with the data engineering and analytics teams in defining our data architecture for scale and performance. This individual will work very closely with our data platform team and will be responsible for defining models for data representation in our data store, that are optimized for storage and query performance and that fully leverage capabilities of the platform for data processing. Towards these objectives, the Data Architect will also be involved in the development of data pipelines and the processing of ingested data from a variety of data sources (both internal and external).
The Data Architect will be passionate about data and excited about building a Data Engineering methodology for processing and capturing data that enables performance and scale.
- Defining our data architecture for scale and performance
- Defining models for data representation in our data store, that are optimized for storage and query performance
- Evangelizing approaches to query construction that are optimized for performance
- As part of the architecture team, working with team members (business facing managers, data engineers, analysts and data scientists) to understand the business domain to build data products that empower better decision making
- Understanding business drivers and analytical use-cases and translating them to appropriate services and outcomes
- Collaborative and successful at influencing others to make an impact
- Promoting and enabling technology best practices and data governance standards around data management and data quality
What you need to succeed
- BS, MS, or PhD in CS/EE, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on platform/system development
- You have a strong background in SQL and database architectures
- You have hands-on experience in data modeling, data visualization, and pipeline development
- You are a hands-on technologist with strong coding skills and demonstrated expertise in one or more programming/scripting languages
- Strong experience building and deploying to production, highly scalable, high performance distributed systems
- You are an impactful technical leader who will lead and drive initiatives to the next level with a focus on delivering business value
- You work across team boundaries to establish an overarching data architecture and provide guidance to individual teams
- You possess strong technical and communication skills and have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals and teams (both small and large)
- You thrive on working in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment
- You possess technical depth in one or more of the following subject areas:
- Data Engineering:
- Data processing for Batch and Real-Time (Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Apache Kafka, Cloud Pub/Sub, and related technologies)
- Streaming and Batch Data collection, and data security methodologies.
- Data APIs, Visualization tools, Analytics, Machine Learning, AI.
- In-depth experience working with Cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure). GCP experience preferred
- Expertise in building scalable, high performance data pipelines
- Development experience in distributed systems, distributed data processing, and working with large data sets
- Data Engineering:
- You work extremely well in a cross-functional environment
- You engage with your peers to understand technical, operational, and business requirements
- Proactive, driven, and a fast learner with excellent interpersonal skills with. Passion for innovation
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!