Product Design Manager
Product Design Manager
San Francisco HQ or Remote (US Only)
Webflow is a fast-growing, globally distributed team with a big opportunity and bigger mission — actually, two missions: one for us, one for the world. At Webflow, we’re on a mission to enable everyone to create for the web — and empower our team to lead fulfilling, impactful lives while we do it.
Our missions are ambitious — and we’re looking to hire a Product Design Manager to help support, coach, and grow our Product Design team. One of our core behaviors is to lead by serving others, and we’re looking for a people-focused manager to help define what that looks like. Our team has recently grown from 5 to 10 individual contributors in a few months in order to support our customers and unlock more opportunities.
This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity, health, dental, and vision benefits. In addition to these benefits, we offer awesome perks that reflect our commitment to the physical and mental well-being of every member of our team. Enjoy a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation over 5 days with us, a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses, flexible parental leave, and more. Compensation will vary based on where you’ll work from — the base range for San Francisco is $170,000 – $190,000.
Note: You’ll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships of trust and psychological safety with your reports.
- Help your reports uncover a growth plan based on their interests and aptitude, identifying the right strategy to help them achieve that plan (whether it’s sponsoring them for an opportunity, or coaching them on specific skills).
- Create a positive environment where your team feels safe to communicate openly, share constructive criticism and contribute innovative ideas.
- Help resolve conflicts between your reports and their peers, coaching them on radical candor and stepping in when necessary.
- Establish strong partnerships with your cross-functional peers in each product area that your reports work on, improving collaboration and trust for your reports.
- Contribute to and drive initiatives to codify operations and processes that help the design team produce work they’re proud of.
- Help recruit and retain talented designers, staffing them on teams that leverage their strengths and provide opportunities for growth.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You believe in people management through servant leadership, and view the success and fulfillment of your reports as your primary goal. (This is not a Creative Director position where you tell your reports what to do.)
- You apply a user-oriented design process to managing a team. You ask questions and receive buy-in before making decisions that will impact your reports.
- You understand when to be supportive, when to be directive, and when to sponsor your reports.
- You have a strong understanding of a designer’s career levels (from entry-level through senior roles) and how each person has different strengths. You know how to level and an incoming candidate, staffing them on the appropriate team, and have successfully helped individual contributors get promoted.
- You’ve helped struggling performers get back on track or find a new opportunity.
- You practice radical candor and know how to coach others situationally.
- You can navigate a company building a complex tool with many moving parts.
- You understand management is not a one-size-fits-all solution, that every report needs a different approach at different stages in their career, but also believe that standardized operations can help set consistent expectations.
- You have managed a team of designers in a full-time role. Bonus: you’ve done so with a remote or distributed team — 3 of our ICs are in Europe, with the rest spread across the US.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!