Product Designer (Contract)
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
Care.com is seeking a contract Product Designer who can think big at a strategic level, but also possesses an incredible eye for detail and strives to create quality-crafted experiences. This person must be comfortable with ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, ego-free, highly collaborative environment. We value people-focused leaders, data-driven, have a growth mindset, and are passionate about delighting the customer.
What You’ll Be Working on:
- Be an advocate for design thinking and user-centered design.
- A love of design systems and pixel-perfect details
- Strategize, collaborate, and contribute to all aspects of the product, mobile, and web design in a fast-paced environment
- Translate business requirements into scalable, delightful, and elegantly simple solutions.
- Validate designs by testing concepts early and often.
- Ensure designs move gracefully between platforms, adjusting solutions as needed from platform to platform, understanding, and working within constraints.
- Manage work to strategy, scope, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment, against shifting priorities.
- Present and communicate proposed solutions clearly and confidently.
- Streamline design and product development processes and workflows, to accelerate the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Raise the quality of the work produced by the Design team in terms of consistency of the brand and experience, usability, and visual polish.
- Mentor junior designers.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering, and Data Science to effectively define and execute the roadmap.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 3-5 years of professional experience, with at least 3 years in a product design role
- Experienced in communicating designs through task flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and interactive prototypes.
- Experienced in conducting qualitative and quantitative user research. Familiarity with using and creating personas, user journeys, and empathy maps.
- Experienced in mentoring junior team members and directing their design work.
- Strong design and presentation skills with an outstanding portfolio of relevant design work that demonstrates your experiences, thought processes, impact, and learnings.
- Demonstrated ability to balance speed, quality, and scalability.
- Proven track record of fostering trusted partnerships with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Analysts.
- Expert level mastery of Figma/Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator. Principle, After Effects, and Zeplin is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present, advocate for, and build consensus amongst senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Expert understanding of modern web and mobile best practices.
- Concept ability and rapidly execute compelling visual designs and hi-fidelity mock-ups with strong attention to pixel-level detail.
Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Care.com, an IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) company, was founded in 2006 on the understanding that quality family care is both a fundamental human need and a key driver of economic growth and empowerment. When children receive quality care in their critical formative years, they are on a path to achievement and success. Women disproportionately shoulder caregiving responsibilities, but when they have supports in place that enable them to work, our economy grows. When seniors receive quality care in their homes, healthcare costs decline with fewer hospital stays. When we have a strong caregiving workforce, all these things are possible.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!