Product Manager (Protocol Engineering – Mainnet)
Title: Product Manager (Protocol Engineering – Mainnet)
- Location: Remote, United States, Canada
About the role
As a mainnet-focused product manager on the Protocol Engineering team, you will ensure that Hyperledger Besu remains a first-class mainnet client, while still meeting the needs of enterprises and paving the way for a smooth transition to Ethereum 2.0. You will own the mainnet roadmap, and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver it. Specifically, this means daily interactions with the Besu core development team and the broader Ethereum community ( AllCoreDevs ), frequent communication with the business development and strategy teams, and close collaboration with other product managers in both the Protocol Engineering team and other ConsenSys products (Infura, MetaMask, Baseline Protocol, etc.). Your work outputs will include product roadmaps, feature requirements, and artifacts to highlight your team’s work.
If you are excited about making Ethereum a more resilient protocol for developers, thinking through product and engineering tradeoffs, and having a significant amount of your work done in tandem with the broader Ethereum community, this role is a great match for you!
What we are looking for
- 2+ years experience in product management;
- High level of familiarity with Ethereum;
- Effective and powerful communicator who excels with a team that values autonomy;
- Sufficient technical knowledge to think through complex feature specifications at a high level. The role does not require writing code, but it helps to (eventually!) understand how an Ethereum client works under the hood (e.g. EVM transaction processing, peer management, syncing, etc.);
- Familiarity with modern product management tools, i.e. GitHub, Jira, Trello, etc.;
- Open to learning and collaborative by nature; willing to give and receive feedback;
- Comfortable with handling uncertainty and ambiguity, proficient with analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
Bonus points for
- Experience working with Ethereum, even more so at the protocol level;
- Experience working on very technical products;
- Having demonstrated the ability to learn about a domain rapidly;
- Having worked in a globally distributed team;
- Having worked in a remote role.
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!