Product Owner, Banking as a Service
- Remote, U.S.
- Full time
An early pioneer in Banking as a Service, Q2 is the platform behind some of the biggest names in fintech banking today. Over the years, we’ve worked with amazing clients like Square, Credit Karma, Betterment, Acorns, and many others to launch next-generation financial services that are redefining banking for millions of everyday Americans nationwide. As we scale our platform into the tens of millions of users, we’re looking to bring on a Product Owner to own the product lifecycle for some of our key products and help us define the BaaS ecosystem of the future.
As a Product Owner on our Banking as a Service team, you will be responsible for organizing and executing a product delivery strategy for your focus area. Your work will involve multiple internal and external stakeholders and will focus on uncovering needs, accurately scoping effort, developing product delivery goals, and actively managing the product roadmap for your functional area. Think of yourself as the glue that ties together Q2’s Banking as a Service platform: working with all the different parts of our group to help us launch new products and evolve our existing ones so our clients can continue defining the cutting edge of banking.
You are the bottom-line for your product you own the tradeoffs, define what exactly we’re building, and work to ensure that we deliver in an excellent way that considers the myriad of interdependencies we deal with on a daily basis. If done well, you’ll be able to drive our product strategy from the ground up and see your products come to life as our clients launch them to millions of users across the country. If you’re product-focused, scrappy, driven, and a great problem solver you’ll feel right at home on our team.
- Work with Product leadership to develop and effectively prioritize the product backlog
- Partner with clients, development, operations, external partners, and cross-functional leaders to identify, build and measure features and functionality that meet business goals
- Define features of the product and write detailed User Stories/Epics with empathy for the end user that help engineers build with a clear end goal in mind
- Provide scope for a release and define release timing and strategy
- Work with the team to define each sprint plan, review completed work, and accept/reject results. This person is highly available to the team
- Apply Agile methods and processes to promote a disciplined software development process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation of ongoing work product
- Create product documentation for developers, clients, and banks to ensure alignment, expedite product development, and grow our knowledge base and API
- Articulate product vision and user stories in a manner clearly understandable to development teams and clients
- Research industry and technology trends, review professional publications within each supported vertical market, and identify market opportunities
Required Skills and Experience
- B.S. or B.A in Business, Management, Engineering, CS, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, including 2-4 years’ experience as a product owner or product manager
- Previous financial services or fintech experience highly preferred
- Minimum 5 years in product management, financial services, or e-commerce is preferred
- Strong teamwork, organization, and problem resolution skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong process management capabilities, demonstrated ability to manage complex rollouts with multiple stakeholders has launched products at scale
- Self-starter with proven ability to deliver results with minimal assistance is a must
- Highly determined and driven to achieve results with a clear track record of doing so
- Scrappy; quick to find the best path to a goal by collaborating with others
- An intuitive problem solver
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity
- Detail oriented with an eye for data analysis
- An effective communicator that can align internal and external stakeholders
- A pragmatic optimist that brings positive energy to everyone they work with
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!