Product Security Engineer, Web
Product Security Engineer, Web
- PRODUCT – ENGINEERING
- FULL-TIME (REMOTE)
Why You Matter
Some of the best security teams in the world depend on our software to protect their organizations, and in turn expect the highest standards of security for our platform.
Delivering excellent, secure software is paramount to the Red Canary mission. You will mature Red Canary’s product security program to ensure secure outcomes for software development at scale. Under your guidance, the Red Canary product security model will be viewed as the standard by which all other security providers are measured.
The program you will join enables rapid development of Red Canary’s features for our customers, by providing repeatable secure patterns and seamless guardrails.
Who You Are
You command deep understanding of modern web application development, the threats facing these applications, and strategies to mitigate them. You are an experienced Rails developer with a passion for security and continuous improvement.
You are passionate about weaving elegant security architecture into software at scale. You are comfortable designing and implementing security best practices at every stage of the development lifecycle, from design through production. You enjoy seeking out exploitable bugs in software, but enjoy fixing them even more.
What You’ll Do
- Operate across multiple product teams, developing security architecture patterns for implementing new solutions and products.
- Develop, implement, and maintain product security strategy for a range of fast-moving web applications.
- Engage in application and domain-specific threat modeling, and attack surface analysis and reduction
- Develop and execute a continuous testing program.
- Validate reported vulnerabilities from internal and external sources.
- Work alongside engineers, performing peer review and mentoring as needed.
- Strong experience in web application security issues, standards, and best practices (ex. OWASP)
- Strong experience in distributed platform development security and design
- Strong foundation in core information security principles and concepts (TLS, authentication, etc.)
- Experience developing and securing enterprise-grade Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience with industry tools and technologies such as Burp Suite, etc.
- Familiarity in public cloud security deployment and implementation issues (AWS)
- Familiarity with audits and standards requirements such ISO 27001, SOC 2, etc.
- Excellent communication, and the ability to explain complex security topics in simple terms
Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Flexible time off and leave benefits
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness and phone discretionary stipends
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise is preventing breaches every day.
Red Canary’s Information Security team is chartered with protecting our customers by protecting Red Canary.
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!