- US-Remote /
- Engineering /
At Instructure, our vision is to help people learn, develop, and engage from their first day at school to their last day of work. Our goal is simple: create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity…
Our Platform Services team is building a highly resilient, performant, and secure internal container platform. We work with technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Vault, Terraform, and Istio to turn a complex global, multi-cluster environment into a simple and reliable platform. We are looking for an engineer to help us build out this platform and bring education to everyone.
WHAT WE DO:
- Build systems to make it easy for hundreds of engineers to quickly deploy and reliably run their applications
- Write automation and monitoring to scale our systems reliably and efficiently
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to understand what to build (and what not to build)
- Debug production systems and participate in on-call rotation
WHO WE ARE:
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve
- This team works on a lot of different projects across a broad spectrum of technologies in the devops space
- Our engineers become the primary owners of services that enable product teams to execute on product instead of infrastructure
- We review code and participate in technical design reviews
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and developing against Amazon APIs
- Fluency with at least one language such as Ruby, Go, or Python
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Docker, OCI, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible or other infrastructure as code tools
- Experience creating or managing a CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Git/Gerrit, Spinnaker etc)
- MS/B in Computer Science or applicable development camp certificate preferred
Get in on all the awesome
- Competitive salary and 401k
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
- Food, lots of food.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn’t catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!