Project Accountant – Remote-based
- Title: Project Accountant – Remote-based – IMMEDIATE OPENING
- ID: PROJACCT
- Department: Finance
Peloton Advantage, a US-based OPEN Health Company, is a thriving medical publications firm located in Parsippany, New Jersey. We are a group of talented publication professionals that strive to deliver the highest quality projects to our clients. If you excel in a team-based environment and are seeking a culture based on transparent communication and collaboration, we encourage you to apply!
We are actively looking for an experienced Project Accountant qualified to support the daily activities of high volume financial group. This is a hands-on detail-oriented position that provides an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. We offer an excellent benefits package and a developmental working environment.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Project Accounting, Billing, Revenue Recognition, and Accounts Receivable:
- Create new clients in our Open Air system
- Generate monthly client invoices
- Conduct monthly financial meetings with the account teams to forecast revenue, calculate percent complete, assess project profitability, and reconcile completed projects
- Calculate deferred revenue on a monthly basis as part of the closing process
- Work with account teams regarding billing issues, project overages, and miscellaneous issues that may arise
- Post cash receipts to customer accounts on a daily basis
- Maintain all records and files and backup documentation related to accounts receivable and revenue recognition
- Print and review an AR aging report on a weekly basis
- Insure company adherence to credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters to maintain good customer relations
- Maintain accurate customer information in database according to company procedures
- Research and responds to all accounts receivable inquiries in a prompt manner.
- Assist in month closing by assuring all appropriate invoice data is entered into computer and reviewed.
- Review current aging report for discrepancies, finance charges, and aging receivables
- Maintains Corresponds with customers on various AR and Billing issues
- Manage and track finances of projects
- Track the progress of projects
- Monitor deferred revenue
- Maintain consistent attendance
- Maintain timely submission of time sheets
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 2-3 years of professional experience including profit and loss statements preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Project Management software
- Advanced Excel skills; numerous analyses and spreadsheet projects are expected, and required, to achieve success in this position
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate and work well with supervisors, colleagues and individuals both inside and outside of the company
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to work independently under general supervision with considerable expectations for initiative and independent judgment
- Must be open and flexible to ideas and/or best practices from management and peers; is a team player who is willing and able to adapt their approach across a diverse employee basis; is able to appropriately handle challenges from others
- Employee must be able to work both independently and in a team structure
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!