Project Manager – Custom Farm Builds
Title: Project Manager – Custom Farm Builds – Part-time, Remote
We are looking for a Project Manager to work on our custom build business, whereby we design and install new hydroponic farm units for customers in NYC and other parts of the world. This is a new practice for Farm.One, and we want to hire someone with existing experience from the engineering, construction, architectural or fabrication industries who can help us handle bigger projects, more complexity, and streamline our operations.
The ideal candidate would be a great email communicator, who is available for a predictable set of hours each week, comfortable in jumping on a quick video call to specify a requirement, keeping an accurate timeline in place, chasing us up for progress so that we stick to a timeline, and avoiding any ‘gotchas’ with our client by making sure everything is clear and understood. This person would have a passion for helping us deliver an amazing product, on time and on budget, and have an ability to jump between reviewing a SketchUp file, finalizing a proposal, checking in on part delivery timelines, and helping us close new deals. We expect this part of our business to grow.
This is a REMOTE, PART-TIME position of 20h/week, which may grow to a full-time position. This job is open to anyone WITHIN the USA. Non-US residents will not be considered for this role.
- Project manage our custom farm builds, which range from small residential unit installations to full-size farms
- Understand project requirements, ensuring the brief, the proposal and project plan meet our client’s needs
- Finalize and send out proposals based on the design work and planning of our internal team in NYC
- Ensure design sign-off, reviewing any required modifications in SketchUp or other software
- Finalize the bill of materials, placing orders for items and co-ordinating parts so that construction happens to timeline
- Handle regular client communication over email, videoconference
- In spare hours, help the Farm.One team evaluate inbound custom build opportunities, and uncover potential leads, communicating with new customers
- 5+ Years Experience in a Project Management position or similar, using digital tools like Asana to work with small teams
- Experience working with SketchUp and AutoCAD files in a professional environment (you do not have to do the designs, but you need to be able to use them to understand and communicate with the client and our team)
- Experience with construction or fabrication projects, including managing bill of materials, project timelines, understanding client requirements
- Must be a proactive, clear, friendly, thorough communicator
- Available 5 days per week for 4h per day, with reliable internet connection
- Must be completely comfortable using video conference tools and working remotely
- Must love plants, new technology, urban farming!
The following benefits are provided for remote, part-time positions at Farm.One:
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
If this position becomes full-time, as expected, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & Short- and Long-term Disability will be provided.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!