Project Manager, Design
Project Manager, Design
Remote – US/Canada
GitHub is looking for a Creative Project Manager to join our world-class Marketing & Communications organization to support our design, animation and illustration teams. This role will work cross-functionally to ensure that we are delivering high caliber creative assets that support our events, social, sales, demand-gen, site, and product teams.
The Project Manager will focus on driving creative workflows, building operational processes and successfully delivering creative elements including animation, graphic design, branding, website and demand gen assets, presentations, social, campaign, sales and event collateral.
The Creative Project Manager works cross-functionally with teams across GitHub and with vendors, contractors and partners, to manage schedules, costs, scope and quality. They will proactively report on schedule, identify risks, decisions and actions and drive decision-making and process improvements.
Some of the things you will be responsible for:
- Drive successful implementation by aligning and influencing relevant stakeholders across teams, driving scope, resourcing, and workflow management.
- Effectively manage project timelines, team resource utilization, and project/program health
- Onboard contractors or vendors as needed, including shepherding through procurement and accounting processes
- Provide oversight that drives GitHub Design’s strategic priorities and improves the Design team’s operations.
- Provide process, systems and accountability to elevate the impact of designers and design programs through operational excellence
- Work directly with various teams to understand project requests, gather requirements, define objectives, deliverables and delivery dates, plan resources and develop a clear and actionable project plan.
- Develop project/release plans and timelines, monitor progress and drive resolution to possible scope/time trade-offs.
- Address program bottlenecks, provides alternative resolutions and mitigation strategies with win/win outcomes.
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience working with creative, design and copy teams (animation project management experience a plus).
- An understanding of design tools, workflows, areas of expertise and a successful track record launching brands, building creative assets and campaigns.
- Experience working with designers and copywriters, and a deep understanding of the design process and design language fluency.
- Versed in Project Management best practices: team building, role/responsibility definition, risk management, resource allocation, work breakdown structures, project tracking, conflict management, etc.
- Ability to understand complex programs and prioritize projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and drive results and accountability from local and remote teams
- Creative self-starter with an ability to devise solutions and drive consensus for complex problems with diverse, sometimes opposing, concerns
- Comfortable in rapid development cycles with short timelines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with project management tools (Excel, Asana, MS Project, or similar)
- Professional, patient, and collaborative
- Familiarity with agile methodology
- Familiarity with GitHub
- Familiarity with animation and/or video production
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come togetheras individuals and in teamsto create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!