NATIONAL OPERATIONS – TALENT
iMentor is seeking enthusiastic ambassadors to help the organization identify, recruit and hire the exceptional talent needed to meet annual Program Manager hiring goals. The Talent Recruiters (TR) will join the National Talent Recruitment team based in New York City. These positions are being offered on a full-time seasonal basis, with the normal term of seasonal employment beginning in April and lasting for approximately 4-6 months.
Recruiters play a pivotal role in hiring roles that directly support our mentor and mentee pairs and are the face of iMentor’s regional school partnerships. Reporting to the Director of Talent, the TRs will be supported in building robust and diverse talent pipelines in NYC, Chicago, Oakland, San Jose and Baltimore, interviewing and liaising with candidates throughout all stages of the application process.
TRs will be exposed to the best practices in talent acquisition, team building and staff coaching while connecting with people from NYC, Chicago, Baltimore and the San Francisco Bay Area committed to supporting our mentor and mentee pairs.
- Conduct 20+ (phone or video) interviews/week document feedback, and follow up with next steps
- Facilitate interview debriefs by sharing insight on candidates and gathering feedback from interviewers to support hiring managers’ decisions
- As the candidate’s single point of contact, provide top-notch customer service throughout the interview process
- Support Talent Recruitment Coordinator in scheduling candidate interviews with local hiring teams
- Execute iMentor’s interview processes to consistently reflect national best practices of risk management, talent acquisition and current legislation
- Utilize iMentor’s applicant tracking system, Lever, in providing search updates, and keeping succinct and up-to-date candidate records in local and state compliance needs
- Reflect and report on talent acquisition progress and trends; proactively communicate needs and concerns that relate to the team’s ability to meet hiring goals
- An associate’s degree or higher is required. We will also consider candidates who are currently in graduate school and able to work full-time during the months of June, July and August
- At least one year of recruitment/interviewing experience
- Proven organization and time management skills to complete a high volume of varied responsibilities in a fast-paced setting with excellent attention to detail
- Interest in building a background in talent acquisition, human resources, career development.
- Keen interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with firmness, and to engage a diverse range of individuals with grace and tact
- Self-directed and able to work independently and in remote work settings as needed
- Familiarity and comfort with CRMs or ATSs; the ability to use technology, reporting and data to improve processes and guide strategy
- Great team player and colleague. Resourceful, strategic problem-solving ability
- Aligned in thought and action with iMentor’s values (http://www.imentor.org/values)
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity within iMentor
- Our organization works in partnership with district public schools across the country. In doing so we must meet all compliance requirements of those districts
Compensation & Benefits
- $50,000 annual salary rate
- Up to 100% employer funded comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- 18 days paid annual vacation (accrued) and 13 paid holidays annually
- 401K match up to 4%
- Significant opportunities for professional development and growth
iMentor builds mentoring relationships that empower students in low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. Students work with their mentors one-on-one, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success. In New York City, Chicago, and the Bay Area, iMentor partners with public schools to ensure every student in the schools receives a mentor. iMentor also provides its curriculum, technology, and best practices to help nonprofits run effective programs in the iMentor model. Since 1999, iMentor has connected more than 33,000 students with mentors and this year, iMentor is serving 10,000 students across the country.
Entering this next five-year strategic plan, iMentor is focusing on growth and improvement, launching widespread impact strategies, financial sustainability, and deepening its diversity & equity work. Building on its track record of success supporting first-generation college students, iMentor is committed to leveraging its resources and stature to not only deepen impact programmatically, but to challenge the structures that fuel inequity and make this work necessary.
iMentor has been recognized through funding from many of the leading education funders in the country, including the Ballmer Group, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, the Robin Hood Foundation, the Bezos Family Foundation, New Profit Inc., and the Kresge Foundation. iMentor is one of the nation’s most innovative and quickly growing college success organizations. As a team, we are collaborative, fun, bring passion and joy to our work, and deeply believe in human potential. iMentor was recently named one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times. Read more about our work and values at:http://www.imentor.org.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We believe that people of all backgrounds deserve equal access to educational opportunities. Recognizing that our country’s history of racism and systemic oppression continues to drive educational disparities for students of color, we give special focus to addressing the economic and racial divides that impact the communities we serve. We are committed to the collective work and intentional investment necessary to consistently move in the direction of educational equity and inclusion.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!