Job Locations US-Remote
Job ID 2019-2169
# of Openings 1
Category Information Technology
GovernmentCIO is currently looking for a Release Manager to join our team supporting Enterprise Services PMO Data Access Services (DAS) Project. The candidate should have experience with the Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) at the Veterans Affairs, a thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and software development using agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, DevOps) within large organizations. The candidate will also provide technical management, and consulting support functions within a fast-paced environment including Project Management Office (PMO) tasks. The candidate needs to be able to effectively collaborate with diverse teams and cross functional stakeholders in geographically disparate areas.
Responsible for managing all aspects of the software release process for five release trains. This includes coordinating with VA and contractor personnel (Service Line Managers) for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. Must create, track, and maintain all documents related to the release process to ensure all the VA requirements for software releases are met. Assists with the documenting the project in Rational Tool Suite and assists the PM with other aspects of the project documentation as needed.
- Knowledge of agile development programs
- Ability to work effectively with Government client in VA environment, preferable DAS.
- Candidate should have experience with Requirements and SQA Testing in accordance with the SDLC lifecycle
- Ability to mitigate conflicting requirements between organizations.
- Support and follow the DAS Release process, pre-implementation activities, and provide all required VIP release documentation
- Strong analytical, abstraction, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle several tasks with various due dates.
- Able to identify and engage the appropriate stakeholders to ensure tasks and activities are completed on schedule.
- Experience with the VA software release process and DAS software releases, providing full traceability from requirements elaboration, development, testing, through final release review
- Coordinate with the PMO, Quality Assurance, development teams, SLMs, Security analyst and other VA stakeholders
- Facilitate and assist in Integrated Release Management meetings, and other supporting meetings (critical decisions, release preparation, etc.)
- Provide data for populating and updating the calendaring process for each release and deployment
- Prepare build for national release by following DAS SOP’s, including support of VIP Critical Decision 2 activities such as the Release Readiness Review
- Provide release retrospectives to the client concerning the status of the team’s performance during the release process.
- Consult in the coordination and validation of Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for dependencies that highlight the commitment of partners to associated release
- Design, apply and maintain pre-deployment checklists as necessary to assure that all DAS IT PMO activities are completed and all coordination dependencies with business deployment and training activities are completed on schedule
- Provide weekly deployment reports that summarize all implementation activity, with emphasis on those activities that are falling behind schedule
- Experience with Rational Tool Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Jira
- A bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- VA experience preferred
- Requirements experience preferred
- SQA/Testing experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand test scripts, test cases and test execution records and compare to requirements acceptance criteria for completeness
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!