Research Nurse, Life Automated Medical Underwriting
Title: Research Nurse, Life Automated Medical Underwriting – Remote work position (U.S.)
- Location: Des Moines Iowa United States
- Employment Type: Full-time
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
With a history of impressive growth, an innovative culture, and offering industry-leading solutions, Verisk Analytics is an amazing place to work and make a difference. In 2018, Forbes magazine named Verisk to its Worlds Best Employers list and, in 2017, to its Worlds Most Innovative Companies list for the third consecutive year. We also earned the Great Place to Work Certification for the third consecutive year in recognition of our outstanding workplace culture.
Verisk is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, energy and specialized markets, and financial services. Using advanced technologies to collect and analyze billions of records, Verisk draws on unique data assets and deep domain expertise to provide first-to-market innovations integrated into customer workflows. Weve been delivering predictive analytics and decision support solutions to our customers for nearly 50 years, helping them protect people, property, and financial assets.At Verisk, youll be part of an organization thats committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
At Verisk, you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create a positive and lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career.Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
We are seeking a Research Nurse Life Automated Medical Underwriting to work with medical, product, and data science colleagues, in ISO and the wider Verisk business, to assess and rate the mortality impact of various medical conditions. We can accommodate any US location (remote work encouraged).
Other responsibilities include:
- Using relevant and current research, statistics and other available market data to ensure a consistent, accurate and robust approach to evaluating the risk for the various medical conditions identified
- Working closely with US colleagues to ensure the product is aligned with target markets, most likely to be the United States for stage one of the launch
- Maintaining awareness of key medical advancements and treatments to ensure that data sets remain relevant and up to date.
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience (essential)
- A well-rounded and up-to-date general knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and medical conditions (essential)
- Registered Nurse (essential)
- Clinical trial experience is a major plus
- Experience as a research nurse a major plus
- Experience in an acute care setting desirable
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- IT skills MS Office & databases
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- The ability to question and problem solve
- Experience within a life or health insurance setting preferred
- An understanding of risk and ability to work with probability/statistics preferred
- Knowledge and/or interest in technology preferred
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!