RN Letter Writer
RN Letter Writer
REMOTE, UNITED STATES
It’s Time For A Change
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely about 40% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2018. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, and One of the 50 Great Places to Work in 2017 by Washingtonian. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
This Clinical Letter Writer (RN) is responsible for reviewing adverse determination decisions against criteria and policy, escalating questions to the physician reviewer, and creating letters that meet regulatory and Plain Language requirements. This position requires a person who can synthesize various clinical and administrative requirements, communicate well with the team and clients, and write clearly.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Reviews adverse determinations against criteria and medical policies
- Works with the physician reviewer to monitor the adverse determination process and ensure notification timeframes are met
- Creates adverse determination notifications that meet all accreditation, State, and Federal criteria
- Uses Plain Language and good written skills to clearly communicate adverse decisions to both members and providers
- Works with internal and external staff to ensure that decisions are made, documented and communicated clearly
- Appropriately identifies and refers quality issues to the Senior Director of Medical Management or Medical Director.
- Appropriately identifies potential cases for Care Management programs
- Communicates appropriate information to other staff members as necessary/required.
- Participates in continuing education initiatives.
- Collaborates with Claims, Quality Management and Provider Relations Departments as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Licensed registered nurse (current and unrestricted)
- Minimum of three years of direct clinical patient care
- Minimum of one year of experience with medical management activities in a managed care environment
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Excellent written skills
- Knowledge of managed care principles, HMO and Risk Contracting arrangements.
- Experience with clinical decision-making criteria sets (i.e., Milliman, InterQual)
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Possess basic computer skills
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!