Title: Senior Accountant
- Location: United States
Athletic Greens is a 100% remote company… and always has been!
For this particular opening, we are looking for somebody who lives anywhere within the United States.
At Athletic Greens, our purpose is to inspire fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health. Our core values are people first, life is an opportunity and no compromises. These values guide us in every decision we make. We look for these values within our own team, but also in anyone and everyone who works with us.
Our team has spent 10 years researching with the help of doctors, naturopaths, and nutritionists to create the highest efficacy and most nutritionally complete supplement on the planet. We never stop learning, growing, and researching. It’s our mission to continue adding value to our products and improving the lives of our customers.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 4-6 years of Accounting experience – can be a mix of public accounting and private industry experience.
- CPA preferred – or currently pursuing CPA.
- Masters degree or Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and ability to execute and lead the day to day accounting and reporting function in accordance with GAAP.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure financial transactions, records and reporting are accurate and timely.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE ENTAIL?
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and post adjustments as needed.
- Manage inventory and COGS balances in Netsuite – review account activity, post valuation adjustments and quantity adjustments, managing landed cost tracking and capitalization (inbound freight and duties), posting inter-company inventory sales / transfers.
- Perform cash forecasting and assist with treasury functions such as executing payments and managing cash balances
- Create manual journal entries (accruals): Bank charges, credit card fees, staff expenses, prepaid schedules, payroll expenses, prepare and post other recurring journal entries (audit and legal, etc), update fixed asset file & record depreciation expense.
- Post inter-company journal entries, inter-company inventory sales and inventory transfers such that inter-company accounts eliminate appropriately.
- Reconcile intercompany P&L and B&S accounts for proper elimination.
- Record revenue entries – reconciling cash, undeposited funds (accounts receivable), and deferred revenue (shipped not billed account).
- Perform expense tracking analysis – accrue expenses.
- Manage the filing of monthly tax returns (Sales and Use / VAT) using systems (e.g. Taxjar) and external tax providers – including reconciling accrued tax accounts.
- Coordinate with auditors for timely and accurate completion of all audits.
- Review coding of AP invoices entered Bill.com and Netsuite.
- Manage and track/enter employee expenses, and credit card expenses.
- Review and post bank account activity (cash receipts / payments).
- Assist with cash management activities including cash forecasting and AP payment process.
- Keep accurate files on corporate vendors across all departments.
- Assist with preparation of tax returns by providing information to external tax providers as requested.
- Working with the other departments to ensure invoicing and change orders are processed accurately.
- Additional ad hoc finance and budgeting tasks.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture which is enforced through the hiring process and team collaboration.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer’s health and wellness.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- An unlimited vacation policy.
- A 401k plan with Safe Harbor match up to 4% after three months of employment.
- A high-growth, dynamic environment provides lots of opportunities for your direct impact to be felt.
- Quarterly team-wide meet-up + Annual company-wide retreats.
- A brand new laptop of your choice and a budget for home office set-up or a coworking workspace.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!