Senior Accountant, Consolidation
Title: Senior Accountant, Consolidation
Location: Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant, Consolidation to join our rapidly growing accounting team in a truly global financial environment. This role will be distributed in the USA or Canada and we are focused on those currently located in PST or MST time zones.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will play an influential role with inter-company loan agreements and transfer pricing as well as developing internal accounting controls and policies as they relate to consolidation for the US. As the first Senior Accountant on the Consolidation team, you will be the foundational member of this team and the primary business partner for tax, equity, and AP teams.
This Senior Accountant will interact with a broad cross-section of accounting, from treasury, tax, and stock to AP, SEC reporting, and GL accounting, as well as legal and HR. Over time, you will have the flexibility and openness to scale to different opportunities as they arise within the department to broaden your overall skillset.
In addition, you will:
- Prepare and participate in month-end close activities to ensure timely close of the company’s financials
- Prepare and upload cash, intercompany, and equity, as well as accrue expense on a monthly basis
- Prepare analysis for quarter-end for accounts receivable and accounts payable journal entries
- Complete quarterly balance sheet fluctuation analysis for the Financial Reporting team
- Craft and ideate on process improvements
- Help review/code AP data, as needed
What You Bring Along:
You have formal accounting training, public company experience with 5+ inter-companies, and hands-on experience with US GAAP (mandatories).
When asked what your favorite program is, you’d probably say Excel.
We’re small and growing, so an “all hands-on deck mentality” is required and a sense of humor appreciated. We all jump in to help when deadlines are tight, regardless of title, and, yes, we strive to have fun together.
More about you:
- Understanding of billing and/or transfer pricing (mandatory)
- CPA preferred, but not required
- IFRS preferred, but not required
- Strong English communication skills
- Meticulous about the details
- Prioritization skills
- Process optimization experience
- Netsuite ideal, but another big ERP totally fine
- Willing to help with AP and stock teams
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!