Senior Accounting Associate
Title: Senior Accounting Associate
- Location: United States
- Category: Accounting & Finance
- Job Type: Part-Time
Lance CPA Group, a virtual CPA firm based in Chicago, Illinois is looking to hire a flex-time Senior Accounting Associate to join our team.
Lance CPA Group is a boutique certified public accounting firm. We leverage today’s best technologies to support innovative clients with their financials. Specifically, we tap the power of cloud-based solutions to deliver outsourced accounting services, tax planning and preparation, and small business coaching and advisory.
Headquartered in Chicago, we cater to a niche target audience: craft breweries and digital agencies located right here, but also beyond our vibrant city. We’ve made it our business to get to know these types of businesses, pairing our expertise to meet their unique demands and to help ensure their financial well-being.
In addition to working with these innovative niche clients with customized solutions, we provide CPA and tax services for small businesses, entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and individuals who have a passion for developing their businesses in progressive, future-focused ways.
The Senior Accounting Associate will work directly with the Accounting Manager and Director of Operations to provide accounting services to our clients. This includes special project work and monthly accounting services. Job responsibilities include:
- Classify transactions in client accounts on a weekly basis.
- Run monthly balance sheets, income statements, and other financial reports for clients.
- Perform cash flow forecasting for multiple clients on a monthly basis.
- Handle multiple special accounting related projects simultaneously.
- Assist in answering client questions via email and meet virtually with our clients for meetings.
- Be a resource to the Accounting Associate staff by answering questions and helping to solve accounting issues. This includes devoting two blocks of virtual office hours per week.
- Review monthly client reports to ensure accuracy and high quality of work before sending out.
- Work with the Director of Operations in delivering additional outsourced accounting services.
- Maintain transparent communication through one-on-one meetings, emails, Google Meets and Basecamp.
- Provide other services as the needs arise.
This role will be around 20-30 hours per week. Some weeks it may be less than that, some it may be more than that, especially during tax season.
- You get to work from home!
- After six months you will be able to join our company 401k plan. We match up to 6% of your salary and you will be eligible for firm profit sharing.
- We offer accrued PTO.
- A technology stipend will be given after one year of service and annually thereafter. Other technology needs may be provided by the firm as needed. You will receive a work laptop and a second monitor when you are hired.
We expect the person who fills this position to have the following skills and abilities:
Flexible: The work that is performed will change and won’t be the same day-to-day. You will need to be able to adjust on the fly.
Responsible: This position would mean that you would be working from home with minimal supervision. While you get to work on your schedule, you will be responsible for meeting agreed upon deadlines and timeframes for performing the work. Someone who is self-motivated is a plus for this position.
Work Independently: You will, for the most part, be working alone. You will need to be comfortable working in that type of environment.
Tech Savvy: All of the applications we use are cloud-based, and there are a lot of them. You will need to be able to pick up and work with multiple applications and understand how different applications talk and work with each other. On the adoption curve, we are definitely early adopters and you will need to be one as well.
Attention to Detail: Accounting and taxes are inherently detail intensive. Beyond that, work we do for clients or internally requires the data and information to be correct. Small errors can lead to big problems. You need to make sure that your completed work is generally right the first time.
Understand the confidential nature of the work being performed: The nature of this business is that we will be handling a lot of confidential information. We have security measures in place for this information, however, human error can make our security measures meaningless. You will be responsible for ensuring that the confidential information that you touch remains secure.
Quick Learner: We expect that you will be able to pick things up quickly and be willing to learn new things.
The Experience Needed
We expect the person who fills this position to have the following qualifications:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a senior accountant level role
- College degree required
- CPA not required, but preferred
- Knowledge of Xero and Quickbooks Online a plus
- Proficient in technology and learning new
- Regular internet access, as all of our applications are cloud-based
- Ability to attend 2-day team retreats in the Chicagoland area 2 times a year
Drop your application and resume here. Your cover letter should share why you feel you would be a good fit for our firm. Once you have applied, we will review your application and resume. If we decide to interview you, you will start by interviewing with HR, an Accountant or two, and our Accounting Manager. The second interview will be with our Managing Director and Director of Operations. In some cases, there is a third interview with other members of our team. All interviews will be done on video chat via Google Meets.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!