Senior Data Scientist (Python)
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us prototype and implement AI monitoring systems. You will work along with a team of experienced Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Software Engineers. You will be responsible for implementing AI monitoring algorithms. As we grow NannyML, we expect you to grow with us. We envision your path may grow from your position into ML Engineering Team Lead. You will get meaningfully involved in the areas of product, engineering, hiring and people management among others.
- Research, prototype and implement Drift Detection algorithms, time-series anomaly detection, and other ML monitoring algorithms.
- Tackle new research and ML problems and implement efficient and effective solutions.
- Take part in customer meetings and help with client on-boarding to fully understand and fulfill their needs.
- Help design and develop new internal tools to facilitate product development and algorithmic research.
- Work closely with the founding team to help define the technical roadmap.
NannyML is an early stage venture funded start-up. At NannyML we build enterprise software for supervising and correcting ML systems in production. That includes detecting data and concept drift, estimating performance loss and suggesting corrective actions and a dashboard that presents all these insights for business and technical users. Our goal is to ensure that ML systems keep adding value and that insights that we extract from ML systems are clearly communicated to business stakeholders. We want to make ML in production effortless to interact with and extract value from.
We value freedom with responsibility, transparency and a growth mindset. We believe in generating our own luck by trying out new stuff, always asking, constantly learning, reading and meeting new people with different world-views. We value trying new things, and appreciate that from time to time things may break in the process. Working at NannyML you will have full autonomy to make impactful decisions and prioritise and organise your work the way you see fit. You will be working closely with the founding team. The team previously founded a specialized machine learning company, where they became experts at building machine learning systems.
- Ignore everything below (including the compensation) if you have significant hands-on experience in AI monitoring
- 3+ years of previous experience developing production ready Machine Learning models on tabular or time-series data
- Deep understanding of statistical methods and modern ML algorithms and experience evaluating the suitability of various approaches for a use case
- Strong experience in Python data stack and ML deployment technologies
- Software engineering best practices, version control, containerization and testing
- Exceptional communication skills in English - both oral and written
- You are extremely proactive, independent and comfortable with proposing new ideas — and holding your ground when you believe you are right
- You live in or are willing and able to relocate to EU time zones and you are open to travel occasionally
Nice to haves
- ML publications, popular technical blog or significant open source contributions
- Familiarity with model risk management, model monitoring or model maintenance
- Masters or PhD degree in a STEM related field
- Experience working at a data-focused startup
- Fully Remote Working Environment
- 23+ Days of Planned Leave Annually
- Paid sick leave and private healthcare plan
- We support paid parental leave
- Home office, work and well-being allowances (for yoga, gym etc.) and other nice benefits
- Compensation: up to 85,000 EUR/year + equity
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!