Senior Developer Advocate
Senior Developer Advocate
Netdata is looking for a Senior Developer Advocate / Developer Relations Expert with extensive experience in helping external DevOps/SREs and System Administrators better use and understand Netdata products. This role is a combination of tasks, so you should be comfortable with context switching. Help us communicate the most advanced real-time health monitoring and performance troubleshooting solution for servers, applications, containers and IoT devices in the world!
This role reports into the marketing department, but it is fundamentally a technical role. You are a versatile, experienced engineer, who was never satisfied with simply writing code. You will be required to utilize your exceptional communication skills, empathy and business sense to form a bridge between the community, marketing, product, and engineering. A passion for continuous learning, an ability to think outside the box, experience in building complex, real-world applications and, above all, an innate drive to help and please others are all essential for this role.
- Become an expert on the Netdata open-source agent and Netdata Cloud.
- Be our “user zero”, trying new features out before they are released and providing opinionated feedback.
- Help Netdata users on GitHub, our social channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), forums and message boards, answering questions and helping the Product team hear user feedback.
- Help improve our documentation, by identifying gaps and providing improvements.
- Speak at conferences, meetups, webinars, videos on YouTube, podcasts, etc..
- Build engaging demos and assist with content production for the Netdata Academy.
- Write blog posts about our products, features, roadmap, launches, etc.
Why join Netdata
- We are a team of industry veterans and senior engineers that prioritize performance and ease of use over anything else.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organisations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
- We deeply care about system performance.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley.
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
- 5+ years of experience in various roles related to Software Engineering, DevOps and Systems Administration
- 3+ years of work experience in similar roles.
- Experience with public speaking and meetups/conferences.
- Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, modern software architectures and environments, including Orchestrated Containers (e.g. Kubernetes), Microservices etc.
- Familiarity with Systems Monitoring concepts, tooling and frameworks
- In tune with the latest trends in the DevOps space
- Open source evangelist and contributor
- Thought leader within the DevOps community with social media following
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or similar field.
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!