Senior Financial Operations Manager
Senior Financial Operations Manager
- Location: Any
- Employment Duration: Full time
Global Knowledge is the world’s leading IT and business skills training provider. Offering the most relevant and timely content delivered by the best instructors, we provide customers around the world with their choice of convenient class times, delivery methods and formats to accelerate their success. Our business skills solutions teach essential communications skills, business analysis, project management, ITIL service management, process improvement and leadership development. With thousands of courses spanning from foundational training to specialized certifications, our core IT training is focused on technology partners such as Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Citrix, IBM, Juniper, Microsoft, Red Hat and VMware. We offer comprehensive professional development for technologies like big data, cloud, cybersecurity and networking.
Founded in 1995, Global Knowledge employs more than 1,300 people worldwide and is headquartered in Cary, N.C.
The primary role of the Senior Financial Operations Manager is to provide end -to-end process ownership and execution of all billing, invoicing and reconciliation activities related to our training deliveries and subscription offers. This position is responsible and accountable for the order to invoice activities with a commitment to delivering operational excellence and providing exceptional customer experiences. This individual will work closely with Sales, partners and vendors regarding billing program processes, account maintenance, data validation, order management, accounts receivable/collections and customer support. This role ensures delivery of excellent customer service through accurate invoicing and coordinating with key stakeholders to proactively address billing inquires. The Senior Financial Operations Manager completes all billing accurately and on time. This person engages with the Finance team to ensure that the general ledger states correct revenue and accounts receivable, and all accounts receivable remains current for items billed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Documents, owns, and executes the billing process for key vendor, partner and customer programs and engagements.
- Executes billing activities with accuracy & timeliness (e.g. understands and thrives on the time sensitive nature of billing).Delivers First Time Right Accuracy and Timeliness at a high-performance level (e.g. 99.999%)
- Prepares and issues invoices to customers, partners and vendors (e.g. via portal and/or email)
- Reconciles billings and revenue proactively on a weekly and monthly basis.Engages with the Finance team to ensure the general ledger states correct revenue and accounts receivable, and accounts receivable remain current for items billed.
- Engages with AR and cash applications team to ensure that cash is applied in an accurate and timely manner to all invoices billed.
- Communicates consistently, quickly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure invoices and supporting documentation are correct and open items are resolved in a timely manner
- Maintains an audit trail of the entire billing process (e.g. sending invoices details, cash collections related to invoices, etc.)
- Ensures billing parameters are executed in alignment with the customer’s, vendor’s or partner’s Contractual Agreement and programs as applicable for our large key strategic accounts
- Assists with collection team activity to ensure timely cash collection per invoice due dates
- Provides excellent service to key stakeholders and delivers continuous improvement of the billing process
- Provides accurate data input (contacts/accounts) to ensure customer data integrity
- Research and resolve billing discrepancies proactively.Engage cross-functionally (e.g. Collections/Accounting/Sales/Contracts) to address upstream processes to minimize and resolve any potential billing issues due to order entry issues, invalid form of payment, pricing discrepancies, special billing requirements or 3rd party billing.
- Manage various invoicing email groups to address any internal/external questions and reconcile accounts
- Support various aspects of the monthly financial reporting to include analysis of open billing detail
- Additional billing/invoicing /projects as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS –
- Skilled in billing, reconciliation, reporting, and analysis
- Excellent oral and written skills required
- Self-starter with a knack for being meticulous, detail oriented, and organized
- Proficient in MS Excel (Vlookups, pivot tables, file merge, etc.)
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of resources in a clear and concise manner
- Strong customer service skills
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to engage with senior/middle management level
- Expertise in using Process and Six Sigma methodology
- Experience with major ERP system (Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Location – Any
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – none
- May lead work of support staff or earlier levels of support staff. Training/mentoring employees may be required but does not supervise employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS –
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Five (5) + years – experience within the order entry and billing/invoicing functions
- Five (5) + years – Revenue cycle end to end experience
In addition to whether a person has the knowledge and experience required to be successful in the job, one must have specific behaviors to perform the job successfully. The competencies listed below are representative of the behaviors required.
List the 7 most important competencies from the competency list that an employee in this position should have to perform the job successfully.
- Continuous Learning
- Quality Work
Please mention that you found the job on Remote Jobs Vault as thank you to us, this helps us get more companies to post here!